on 2 November 2013
As a dyed-in-the-wool Mish fan since forever, I bought this album knowing I would like it; I have loved every album Wayne Hussey and his collaborators have done. I have heard the album once and have just put it on again straight away as Black Cat Bone is a stunning opener to an album and it is full pelt through to Litany for the Faithful, which Wayne sang just for me.
The blur stopped at Girl in a Fur-skin Rug and No Prayer in the Bible which stood out on first hearing but I look forward to being as familiar with all these tracks as I am with Deliverance, Butterfly on a Wheel, Swoon and Serpent's Kiss.
Anyway, please excuse me while I get back to The Brightest Light, it is a really fine album from a band who really know what they are doing and I don't want to miss a note. Thanks Wayne.
on 1 October 2013
Okay so I finally get my hand on The Brightest Light 2CD Edition and load the first disc onto my laptop only to find there are two songs, namely 'Drag' and 'Litany for the Faithful' are not as advertised. Disc one's running order corrupted by 'Drag' sliding into track number 4, whilst 'Litany for the Faithful' is missing entirely. Is this someone's idea of a joke or an Eskimo's idea of what a Mission golden ticket should be? If it was only my laptop I could understand but every gadget capable of playing a CD all shows the same error

I'll review the album with the attention it deserves when I don't feel so annoyed over a basic production mistake......
on 17 October 2013
I'm a long-time fan, and I own every album by the band. This is by far their best album for many many years. Not a bad song on the album and there's some real growers.
Every song is different, but somehow they all seem to fit together into something cohesive.
Swan Song is an instant classic - it'll be brilliant live (which is definitely the best way to experience the Mission).
Other favourites - Black Cat Bone, The Girl in a fur skin rug From the Oyster comes the pearl, but as I said earlier, they're all fantastic and they get better with each listen.
Can't wait to see some of these played live in December. :-)
on 31 January 2014
i bought this for my wife, she is a huge mission fan. Seems to have been a hit hasnt been out of the stereo since Christmas. For those not familiar, it is a departure for the mission from twangy guitars of their early period to a much harder almost metal feel to their current work.
on 15 November 2016
Many people hue and cry about the 'old mission' and yearn for the old days .Dont get me wrong,they were great but sometimes songwriters have to evolve with age . Saying that , but this album oozes with pain and Mr Hussey certainly reflects those birthday candles on the cake . Treat yourself to the two disc version . You wont regret it. A true hidden gem in a time of darkness..
on 13 July 2014
Another great album by the Mission they have matured a lot as seen in their albums in recent years. Not as gothic nowadays but still producing blinding music.
on 8 February 2014
Always liked the mission seen them loads of times,this album is good and there are some corking tracks on its a little bit heavier than normal,they can still write some good music,
on 14 April 2014
The Mission's The Brightest Light is The best album for years, having gone back to there original style with a modern up to date edge, very Led Zeppelin / Robert Plant / Jimmy Page in places, well constructed and clever with the lyrics, If you loved the early stuff you'll LOVE this. 5 STARS ( but that is under rated. )
on 28 October 2013
I didn`t expected this kind of Box Set, the size is big, I thinked that was smaller and thin, but whe I receive the package I cannot believe, again I told you, amazon, put more pictures of the product, you can sell too much, I bought this product because I like the band, but another people if knows the quality of the box can buy easily without doubts.
on 13 May 2016
Good service and good album