TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 September 2013
Update:

I just received (at 5 am US time) an update from Pilgrim UK in which he stated that the charge case is NOT include outside of the US.

So, if you'd like the same BackBeat GO-2 in Black or White WITH a charge pod/case, please go to Amazon dot com and order it from there.

The original review (MINUS the charge case for the UK-EU customer) is reflected below:

****

At first look, the Plantronics headset, you immediately notice the details in the packaging. It's done with the utmost care and not with those typical gaudy, excessive packaging that screams "Landfill culprit!": this is an elegantly simplistic packaging.

*** Contents ***
Headphone with a gel hook! On the right side, you have the micro-usb input, just below is the call/volume buttons.

* Micro usb to usb plug
* Micro usb to ac adapter
* Extra earplugs
* Beautiful, woven charge- case (w/ micro usb connector attached)--the unit also has a color-battery strength indicator.

*** Testing ***
This is my first pair/ time with Plantronics. The "GO 2" is a simple, sports Bluetooth headset with a unique gel hook around the headpiece. I've never seen this kind of design before.

But, the gel piece serves to close any gaps between the ear canal and the headpiece. And, it works beautifully. This fits snugly but not tightly. But, unlike the Jabra SPORT which is notoriously famous for its thin headpiece that routinely works its way out of the ear canal, the GO 2's feels very comfortable.

The sound is VERY impressive. Startlingly better than the Jabra's and equal to the Motorola "S-11" and the Jaybird "Freedom Sprint." The sound is so impressive that I'm teetering on saying it's the best (by current, seasonal) standards, but I'm near to it.

Playing True Democracy--the Plantronics reproduced every track flawless. No excessive bass, needed. Every track, every vocal, every nuance sounds breathtakingly vibrant.

The instrumentation on Enya's "My! My! Time Flies!!" is something to behold.

There's nothing exaggerated about this headset:

* Great sound
* Great fit
* Great price.
1212 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2015
The main reason I got these are that I kept knocking my wired headphones out of my ears whilst running. The built quality is great, the only thing I would say is I don't understand how the little plastic attachment on the earbud is supposed to keep it in your ear. I have small ears so find it difficult to find any comfortable buds, so it might not be an issue for others. I like the software that comes bundled, it shows me how much battery power I have left and to be fair its only just enough to get me to work and back. Going on a 12 hour flight will require me to get another gadget to charge it .
on 10 November 2014
They lasted all of just over a month - for the Amazon returns policy to expire - until they died. Plugging in to a USB charger will appear to charge them, but the unit will no longer turn on and is completely unresponsive. When I searched for possible ways of solving the issue I found that this exact same issue has happened to others. So this would be a known issue to Plantronics and they are happy to continue selling the faulty product despite this
on 14 June 2017
Great for £25, but I don't think I'd like to pay full price. They could be louder, and the bass could be a bit richer, but they sound crisp and do not distort one bit. The connection is good enough to move about my flat while listening to something on my iPad.
on 26 October 2014
Arrived in time scale specified. Well packaged. Read the reviews for the earbuds on Amazon, that was a great help. Happy I've purchased the "right ones!" as there were so many to choose from!
Lovely not having wires everywhere and earbuds not coming out.
Sound is good. Choice of earbud sizes. At first had a bit of trouble connecting the bluetooth, but once I got the hang of it, it was fine.
I've actually gone on to recommend these to my brother.
on 9 March 2017
Great sounding, well made headphones that work really well.
on 21 July 2015
Was a present for my wife and she uses them daily
on 27 July 2017
awesome headphones
on 3 August 2017
good quality
on 30 December 2013
I've been shopping with Amazon for about 15 years now, and this is the first time I've liked something enough to leave a review.
P&P was free with Supersaver and took 4 calendar days from the UK to Ireland

The earphones came in the frustration free packaging (basically a plain cardboard box with a rip tab) It took me less than 30 seconds to open

Included:
* Earphones
* Small box containing L and S tips (already fitted with M)
* USB charger (one of the double ones which enables to you plug something else in at the same time to save USB ports)
* Small bag for the earphones
* Manual in english (and several other languages) super easy to use

Pairing
Had it paired to my iPhone 5S within 10 seconds
Comes partially charged so was able to test it straight away
Have successfully also paired it to my iPad 1, iPod 3 and a Avantree Saturn (connected to my TV)

Had some concerns as the Saturn is aptx and the GO2 is A2DP, but they connected and worked just fine. There is a very slight lag, but as I use this to watch movies using XBMC OPENELEC I was able to micro-adjust the timing of the audio so it synchs perfectly

Have run it for up to 4 hours and 45 minutes (4.5 hours music and 15 minutes phone talk) and a full charge from empty is 1 hour 15 minutes

Sound quality is really good, better than my Sennheiser MM30is which have the same sized driver (6mm). The Sennheisers can sound a little muddy on bass heavy tracks but the GO2 is crisp and clear on everything
Bass is firm and strong but the highs are still crisp and clean

I've listened to lots of metal (Pantera, Metallica, Motörhead, Limp Bizkit, Sepultura), jazz (Brubeck, Peterson, Dixieland), country (Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson), Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, classical (Brahms, Chopin, Beethoven, Puccini) and reggae dub (Lt. Tortion and Easy Star All Stars)
All have had really good sound

Sound quality on calls is good - both receiving and sending

Changing songs is easier than on Sennheiser's inline controls (much more intuitive)

I've left the phone plugged into my desk and work and gone into the staff kitchen (~20 feet and 2 concrete walls away) and had no dropouts
I've done the same at home ~30 feet and 3 walls, and still no dropouts and no noticeable deterioration in sound

Pros
* Good sound for all but the most snobbish audiophile
* Ease of use
* Ease of pairing
* Quick enough charge (1.25 hrs)
* Good charge usage (4.45 hrs) for normal use

Cons
* Fit is tight even with S tips (someone else mentioned a wish for Comply to have tips for this, but Comply told me they couldn't)
* Bit ugly - if you're shallow and care about this
* Stabilisers would work better if slightly stiffer (spares are also not sold internationally and the eBay sellers fleece you)
* Flat ribbon wire is awkward - would have preferred round ribbon so a clip to hold onto shirt collar could be optionally fitted
* When you skip forward a song you miss the first half second on the song you've skipped to - not a big deal

Summary
For what you pay for these they aren't cheap, but they still represent good value and a comparative bargain compared to other products on the market

My key indicators are:
Would I recommend them to someone else? YES
Would I buy the same again if they broke or were lost? YES