Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 October 2013
This is the forth album by the rockers from Northern Ireland and I have followed them since 2006 and their first album, Rise. I found the last album "Revival" slightly disappointing without and real killer tracks but the title track New Horizon dispelled any doubts with guitarist Paul Mahon's razor sharp riff supported by James Heatley on drums and Mick Waters on bass while Cormac Neeson leads with his distinctive vocal style best described as a cross between Robert Plant and Kelly Jones!

From this the album contains changes in style and tempo but keeps an edge and freshness that "Revival" lacked in my opinion and reminded me what a great live band they are, learning their craft supporting stadium bands such as AC/DC and building on this with their own style, well worth catching if you get a chance. Buy the album if you like rock or harder edged blues and for those not sure after their last album give this a try as it is a real return to form. There is an MP3 download but it doesn't appear when you search on the artist.
B00FHYYV0Y
on 10 October 2013
The Answer are a hard-working band who play great rock and are fantastic live, yet have enjoyed less success than they deserve. This, their 4th album, is surely the one that will springboard them into the big time - it's their best record by far. New Horizon is glorious, head-banging rock and a really great listen. Turn up the volume and prepare to be entertained big time! Recommended.
on 11 November 2013
I think these guys peaked with Everyday Demons which was probably my favorite album that year. Revival was a wee bit of a letdown but how could it be anything but, Demons was so good.

But this is a further letdown still. Revival is better than this.

"Side 1" is pretty good but from Concrete all the way through White Flag (I have the bonus track edition) it pretty much is recycling ideas and good melodies and fresh ideas are in short supply, with the exception of "Call yourself a friend" and "Real as it gets".

Not every riff is worthy of having a song built around it, maybe if they had combined all their ideas into 10 songs rather than stretch out to 14 it might have made for a shorter album, but I'll take Quality over Quantity.
on 21 November 2013
Their last album was really not my cuppa at all.

This is much more like it, some great tunes and hangs together well.

Production of the vinyl at any rate is superb - not overdone.

My only criticism and the reason for the 4 stars is, its not the stand out album I was hoping for.

I cant help feeling that I have been waiting for the Answer to truly live up to the promise of their first album.
This is a much better effort, but I`m still waiting.
on 14 February 2015
I love The Answer. They are a brilliant up and coming Irish band who I have seen live. I have played this record over and over and love it. It arrived well packaged (as usual from Amazon) and quickly.
on 18 October 2013
I bought t this on the strength of their past cd's and although it was good it wasnt up to their normal standard. I have liked the music of The Answer for a while now and was hoping to hear something really special this time , but it failed to deliver. Everyday Demons was fantastic and to me it was their best work so far. Its not to say i wont buy their next cd or the next one after that. But i am disappointed.
on 1 October 2013
This is one kick ass album...from the heavy rock of 'Burn You Down' & 'Concrete'...to the more mellow tones of 'Call Yourself A Friend' this is definitely a no skip no filler album....and is a must buy for any true rock fan!!!
on 5 October 2013
I have all their albums and this one doesn't disappoint. I heard a while back on one of the rock radio stations that instead of churning out more of the same with each album the band try to progress and develop their music.
on 16 March 2014
If you like classic, 70's style rock - you'll love this.

The Answer supported AC/DC on their last world tour. They are a class act, and if there was any justice in the music world - should be huge by now.

Was fortunate to see the guys play some of this live, just the other night. Outstanding!!!!

Great album, with plenty of catchy riffs thrown in. Give your ears a treat!! (see these guys live if you get the chance!)
on 6 October 2013
...I had heard it all with heavy rock. Yawn. Then this comes along... what a fabulous album. Not much excites me in this genre any more, but well done, guys!

The production is sumptuous, the music just sublime.

I haven't been so excited by a heavy rock album since the 70s, nowadays I 'do' blues-rock, but it's spot on. I've been aware of The Answer, naturally, indeed I've seen them live. This album exceeds expectations.

Five stars.