on 17 January 2015
This is the second UE Boom I've purchased and I really haven't looked back. I compared this to various other brands by listening in store, including Bose, and am convinced this is the best value for money. This has been on holiday with us, is very robus and perfect for around the house and in the garden etc. Has a good Bluetooth range of around 20m I'd say. Have also used at work for presentations
on 4 November 2016
Blue tooth won't connect to anything. Only had it 18 months - very expensive waste of money. Update won't help. Info from ultimate ears - is a waste of time. Don't buy this rubbish. I foolishly got two. One lasted 2 years; the other 18 months. Don't waste your money
on 28 January 2017
Great bluetooth speaker. We now own 6 of these between us, and when played in Stereo mode (via the App) it sounds deep, with good base and a decent tweeter output. Volume is more than enough, and good battery durability which you can check by holding +- buttons simultaneously.
on 10 January 2015
Truly amazing speaker! I liked it so much I bought 2. I own a number of Bluetooth speakers and have to say that the UE BOOM and the Bose SounsLink mini are my 2 favourite for different reasons. The Bose i listen to it indoors only, i like the full bassey sound from the Bose and then the UE Boom is a better all round speaker for it's portability/features, it tells me how much battery is remaining, it's louder and the best part the double up feature is sweet! so it really comes down to what suits you! Hope this helps
on 7 March 2015
Its a nice speaker and has some very useful features (like the mounting and the water resistance) which make it practical for outside use. Unfortunately the sound quality doesn't come close to the Bose Soundlink Mini. I ordered both and returned the UE Boom.
One person found this helpful
on 3 August 2015
it is a lot powerful than expected although quite pricy. But compared to other big brand may be a tad overpriced. The quality of the sound is remarkable, but being bluetoooth sometimes it is not as smooth as expected... especially when there are interferences from other wifi or bluetooth sources.
on 4 December 2014
I don't normally review products but purchased 2no speakers after seeing a good review in what hi fi. I have to say that the sound is fantastic the app along with it is great, battery life is good. The only problem is I can't get the speakers away from my 13year old daughter - certainly would recommend to anyone considering portable Bluetooth speakers.
4 people found this helpful
on 2 April 2018
Since buying this I have the wonderboom and two megabooms. so, yeah, i like UE bluetooth speakers. this one doesn't sound as good as newer versions, but for the price you are getting one of the best bluetooth speakers out there.
on 19 May 2015
Absolutely stunning sound and build quality! I bought these speakers for my wife thinking that they would be just like every other small speaker we'd ever bought... but no, these are incredible! When she set them up I came home to loud music and thought that our big Denon system was playing, but these little speakers are just as good! They're easy to pair with her iPhone 5, easy to control and extremely well made.
on 18 October 2015
For a small package, it packs quite a bit of sound. Fills a hall inside and I have used it outside, attached to a gorilla pod it can be suspended in the roof of a gazebo or a branch of a tree. The pairing is easy. The only slight downside if being picky is that it is slightly fiddly to attach the charging cable but not enough to lose a star!