on 3 March 2015
Not bad sound quality. Perfectly good enough for the shower. Connects perfectly every time. I tend to use it all around the house, great for use with Spotify or similar.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
While I think this is a nifty concept and the love that it comes with everything you need like the Sucker to stick on the shower wall or at the side of your tub while having a soak, it also has a cord that you can hang from your shower and even a slot in case/cradle that you can screw to the wall.

It is easy enough to set up either from your phone via blue tooth. We tried it on an iphone, a tablet and an ordinary phone,they were easy to set up.

It is a good quality sound, but we found we could not fast forward or click for the next song, the button seemed to be missing, we cant feel one at the fast forward place on the speaker, my finger just sinks in to the hole that seems to be behind the rubber front. We did rewind and click for a previous song with a little difficulty, as they seemed hard to press or not work right. I may have received a faulty one, but since I received this to test out I can only comment on the faulty one I have.

On the image on Amazon it shows the middle button with a phone, but the one I got has a stop/start image instead.

My daughter took it in the shower with her and she did answer the phone while she was in there and said it was great as it was louder than her phones speaker, she like that she didnt need to get out of the shower to answer her phone and also that the caller could hear her fine over the sound of water.

As we live near the beach, my daughter says it will be great for that also as it is water proof she is hoping it is also sand proof.

My daughter did ask if they came in other colours as she is a pink fan and was disappointed that it only can on blue. But she loves the concept of this speaker and is looking at the rest of the range, for when she has her friends round for a barbecue.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I absolutely love this. When I saw it I thought how the hell is this going to work? Well take my word for it, it does and remarkably well. It's basically a speaker which is waterproof for bathroom/ shower use and it works via Bluetooth so you need to link it from a Bluetooth enabled device that has your music on it, eg your mobile phone, iPod, iPad etc.

In the box you get the speaker, a cradle, a USB charging cable and three suction pads so you stick it to the tiles in your bathroom or you can use the supplied rope to hang it from your shower head. I have used the suction pads and it sits quite snugly on the tiled wall by the shower. You have to charge the unit up straight out of the box (3 hour min charge is recommended) once fully charged all you have to do to pair it with your device is to hold the power on button on the speaker for 5 seconds until you hear the confirmation sound and then switch on Bluetooth on your preferred device and find the "Jam Splash" device listed and click on connect, it's that easy and once completed your device should remember it so no need to find it each time.

I connected my iPod to the Jam Splash which worked first time and began playing my music and I am extremely impressed with the rich sound coming out of the speaker, no tinny sound here! You can pause, skip forward or back and adjust the volume very easily on the unit.

The only function I have not used yet is the ability to answer a call if you pair your mobile with this unit. Not much use for me really as I don't keep music on my mobile but still a very handy function. All in all a great little speaker and it will have you singing and dancing in the shower!
on 3 September 2015
I bought this item after a previous Bluetooth shower speaker fell (off its suction cup) and broke. I decided to spend a couple of pounds extra for a more substantial unit and thus far I’m very pleased with the purchase.
First of all, the item comes neatly boxed in a clear case with the unit itself and a colour coded blue USB cable for charging. It also comes with a kickstand (making it ideal for garden use), suction cups (not sure I’d trust them though!) and a cradle. The latter is ideal as it means I can screw the cradle to the wall in the shower and never worry about it falling again. Thereafter the unit just drops into the cradle with considerable ease.
Functionality wise, the device has skip, volume and pause/play buttons so you can control your music with ease. It also has telephony functionality allowing you to receive calls etc but I haven’t tried this yet.
In terms of sound quality, I’m quite impressed. The unit is larger than my previous tennis-ball sized speaker and the additional size certainly helps. There’s is a deep bass and quality to the sound that my last speaker lacked. Lets not pretend you’re going to get audiophile quality sound from this, but for a ten minute shower, this is ideal.
Pairing the device was a doddle and the charging of the device is well thought out as a series of blue LED lights illuminate while its charging until complete.
All in all, I’m very pleased with the unit and will be adding one to our en-suite soon!
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This device takes a little while to charge, however, battery lasts a long time.

I used them with the iPhone 5 Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth connection is very stable (unlike others I have had) which can get disconnected easily.

The sound on these is clear & has a very good bass for a portable speaker. For such a small speaker, it has excellent sound.
The Bluetooth connection, however cannot withstand 2 walls; ie. if my phone is in the next room, they would be OK, but if the hallway is between my bedroom & bathroom, it does not play very well. However, it is quite accurate that it is about 10 meters as promised.

I think it is a bit expensive for a small speaker but then again it is waterproof & you can use it to answer calls in the shower! It makes shower time so fun you don't want to leave the shower!!

PS. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the connection to hang it in the bathroom is very badly explained in the instructions & is fiddly. I could not figure it our & thus I just leave it in the side of the bathroom without hanging it. Also, the suctions don't look like they'd support the weight although you can use screws to hang it.
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This speaker is extremely easy to set up and use. It takes a few hours to charge it up and then it took literally two minutes to connect to my iPhone.

The sound is clear and the buttons that control the volume are easy to use and find if your eyes are closed whilst in the shower. There are two buttons that allow you to move back and forward within your playlist. You can pause the tracks too. All the buttons are textured rubber and easy to press.

I'm not really the type of person who would find it necessary to answer a phone in the shower but I've tried that function and it works well.

The speaker can be used in the shower but cannot be submerged in water so I'd be careful using it in the bath just in case it fell in!

I deducted a star because the wire that connects to the plug is quite short, and therefore you can only plug it into a socket where there is a surface nearby. I initially plugged it into a wall socket a few inches above the skirting board and then realised that the speaker wire didn't reach the floor, so then had to plug it a socket in the kitchen above the kitchen counter.

This speaker works equally well outside of the bathroom. My youngest daughter who is six, enjoys using this speaker in the lounge, it's quite durable and easy for children to use.
VINE VOICEon 6 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like to croon in the shower? wanna belt out your favourite jams karoake style while you wash away last nights party?
Then this gizmo is for you.
Probably a great gift idea for anyone who likes listening to music, but I would imagine especially great for todays 18-25 demographic.

I asked my friends 18 year old son to review this item for me_

I think the product is really good, a nice size and convenient battery placement.
The sound quality is brilliant, and it goes pretty loud.
I think it's pretty good value for money being waterproof especially. I would, and have already recommended to others. 5 stars.
on 8 November 2014
This is a great little unit with a very good quality sound at a reasonable price. Have yet to use it in the bathroom as it works well anywhere. It is light, compact and small enough to take out. The sound isn't big enough for parties, but perfect for smaller gatherings. It comes in a plastic pouch with suckers on and a cord to either stick it to your tiles, or hang it from any fittings. The unit can also slide out and has a flap at the back which can open up and be used as a stand. It doesn't take too long to charge, but the battery seems to last for ages. I would highly recommend this item.
on 17 October 2015
U ordered this on Wednesday and it came by Thursday when it said wouldn't be here till. Friday I was really happy with how quick in my got to me.
I had trouble connecting it to my phone as I had the wrong setting lol but my friend sorted it out for me and now it works.
U wouldn't believe how loud this little speaker is its like your having a massive party lol.
I brought this to take on holiday so I can chill by the pool with my tunes and not having to worry about my phone getting ruined.
It was so worth the money.
on 18 March 2015
Speaker arrived safely, have to say it has the most remarkable sound I've heard, it's clear but also has plenty of bass, if anyone is looking for a bathroom bluetooth speaker this is the one to go for, you won't be disappointed. It also has a nice feel to it and with the extras of the cradle and the use of the flip out stand means you can also use it elsewhere in the home. I have several bluetooth speakers and would say the HMDX fully deserves the five stars for performance and looks and at this price you can't go wrong.