on 3 April 2014
If I had believed the last 3 comments on this book I wouldn't have purchased it. I considered all the other reviews before them which gave this very entertaining book 5 stars, so I was suspicious that someone is jealous or has a hidden agenda. So I purchased it and was VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. There are no pages missing and the grammar is very good. I actually go canal boating every year and was quite surprised in the terminology and understanding of boating, also I recognise the route used by these two brilliant authors. THANK YOU !!
on 30 May 2017
A very good story incorporating nearly everything from storms attempted murder and Christmas a good read for most people of all walks of life.
on 26 September 2013
Being a narrow boater myself. I thought the story would be base on buying and travelling on the boat. How wrong was I. It was a great story with romance, comedy and crime. Kept me hooked from start to finished and ended the way I wanted it too, Well done to the authors.
on 7 November 2016
Well written a very good and entertaining book,have enjoyed reading this book and being absorbed into the lives of the characters
on 11 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and fun aspect to this book. I read the sample offered and would say I did realise that this was not going to a book which would guide me on how to take a narrowboat down the Grand Union Canal, or be in line for a Booker Prize, but did love the characters and the enfolding twists and turns . For the price paid it was certainly a good read.
on 31 August 2017
What started as a slight comedy turned out to be a bit of a thriller, most enjoyable pleasantly surprised.
on 18 April 2016
Not realistic, many standard details are missing about life on the cut, needs an edit.
on 21 December 2014
If you like a good novel this one, Is based on life on the canals plenty of twist and turns .
on 25 October 2013
this book was recommended to me by a friend of the family who is a friend of the author.I love a good book so bought it and wasn't dissapointed .really strong characters and enough twists in the story to keep me reading some storys you know where there heading but this one is not like that ,a great read you wont regret it
on 20 June 2016
Very good read enjoyable mix of thriller and canal story.