on 22 August 2014
Wasn't that sure at the beginning. .different perspectives, a lot of historical facts..made a hard start for me but kept at it and then got into the flow..have to admit made interesting and engaging story. .
on 10 July 2015
I loved reading this book, I have always been interested in history and this was a great modern way to learn more, highly recommend reading this
on 24 April 2014
Really unusual storyline. Not my normal sort of read but proved to be a real page turner. Very well translated. Look forward to her next book.
on 3 November 2014
I have enjoyed reading this book it has kept my up a few night because I could no put the book down
on 27 April 2014
As a lifelong fan of the Highlander movie series I have searched many years for a book in the same vein. This book definately fits the bill. Well written, with a knowledge of the past that is excellent, I really enjoyed this novel and hope that the author will write a sequel to this excellent book.
on 9 July 2014
A story with a difference. Well worth the money and a decent long read that kept the pace but quite hard reading I would think for some, but I just about managed to keep up.

Really looking forward to the next book and what happens to the family. This is a book you would read again, hopefully this author will manage another long story.
on 3 September 2014
This was so much more than a bog-standard paranormal romance. There are paranormal aspects, and romance; but also beautiful descriptions and fascinating history lessons. I also enjoyed the insights into the Spanish way of life. Adriana is a fully realized character, who interacts with the 'immortals' in a believable way. I really enjoyed the story but don't want to say too much about the plot in case it spoils it for other readers. I am looking forward to book 2!
on 10 July 2014
I was intrigued by the concept and thought it could provide lost of twists and intrigue, but the reality is just dull! It is really badly written, the plot is very drawn out and keeps explaining itself, and the characters do not draw you in. The language is clunky, the love scenes cringe making, and the dialogue is not how people talk. Perhaps this is because of the translation from Spanish, but even so...I was hugely disappointed and am struggling to finish it. I will not be buying the rest of the series.
on 13 July 2014
I loved this book. I found it enchanting and although I wanted to know what happened, I didn't want it to finish! I will miss Iago and Dana, now. The ending is clearly set up for a sequel, so I hope it comes along soon.
on 4 July 2014
An immortal story with no vampires what a delightful change. The beginning is wonderful and a neat way to start the book as it catches your interest straight away. The immortals are just normal people don't appear to age after about 30 years and have lived for a ridiculously long time, we are talking thousands of years. They don't know why and are trying to find out now that science has reach a stage they can investigate. The research going into this book is amazing both the medical and historical which was very detailed going back to the stone age, completely fascinating.
I found the one down side for me was the romance between Adriana (in her 30s) and Iago (over 10,000 years old). In a word it was boring, I liked both characters but together there was no spark. That said I would be happy to read the next book as there are a few questions remaining unanswered and I care enough to find out what happens next.