on 23 November 2013
This is the second 12" Nix Digital Frame I have bought. This one is a present for someome who is completely non-technical and does not have a computer , just a digital camera. The frame takes a standard SD card as well as the supplied usb stick. I know this will work without using a computer.

I find the Nix products are very well made and cope well with all tyoes of photo sizes - so no need to work hard on the computer to get the size right. The one thing I still stuggle with is movies as getting the right format for any photo frame is a challenge and this is no different - but showing movies is not what I really buy these for.
on 24 July 2014
I bought this photo frame because we have had two family weddings in the past year and not enough wall space left to hang the photos. The frame comes in very smart packaging with screw in stand for landscape format, mains lead and UK plug/power unit, remote control with battery already fitted and a small USB memory stick of 4Gb. There is also a user guide. To save time I pre-loaded the USB stick with wedding photos and a spare 32Gb SD card with holiday photos. When I switched on, a slide show of the holiday photos started straight away - which I wasn't expecting to happen. It took some "random" playing with the remote control before I could see the main menu as depicted in the handbook. I could have achieved this faster by just pressing Exit on the remote but the handbook is no help with this. In fact the handbook gives no clue also about the Slideshow button. After going through the Set Up menu and pressing Exit I selected the USB stick and waited for my wedding photos to load up. This took a very long time and I found some of the photos not recognised even though they were in jpeg format. There were no problems with the photos on the SD card although I had copied both sets using Aperture on my iMac. I then re-formatted the USB stick and before re-loading the wedding photos, I put them into Photoshop and saved them into a separate folder in jpeg with a slightly lower file size. This time they were all recognised by the frame and uploaded quickly. The only other things I've noticed are that the Random setting for the slideshows produces more frequent repeats than I would expect and the transitions (for some reason called Slideshow mode in the menu) work OK for a while then stop working so several photos change with no transition and then the transition comes back. Not sure if this a software bug or a design feature. I have not tried the other facilities - Movie mode, Split screen, Calendar and Motion detector. Overall I would recommend this frame it fits my requirement very well and looks smart.
on 8 June 2017
We bought this as a gift for my parents. My mum was always complaining she didn't have enough room for pictures of the family, no longer, she can now see them all. Well packaged and well received. Highly recommend this, thinking of buying one for our home now!
on 16 March 2017
Great unit, daughter loves it
on 25 November 2013
Originally ordered another brand, cheaper, but was rubbish, so returned it. The Nix has excellent clarity, looks the part and is easy to use, getting my mother one fro christmas.
on 6 November 2013
RECOMMENDED. I BOUGHT THIS FRAME TO REPLACE MY DECEASED 7 INCH FRAME.
IT HAS A GREAT DISPLAY.
EASY TO USE SET UP.
THE MOTION DETECTOR WORKS WELL AND IS REALLY USEFUL.
I HAVE SEEN REPORTS ON OTHER FRAMES THAT WHEN SET TO RANDOM DISPLAY, THEY WORK POORLY OR FREEZE.
THIS DOESN'T DO THAT. IT WORKS PERFECTLY.
I HAVE 360 PICS ALL ABOUT 5MP ON AN SD CARD , WHEN SET TO RANDOM AND 15 SECOND DISPLAY TIME, WORKS FLAWLESSLY.
4GB THUMB DRIVE IS HANDY & VERY SMALL.
SCREW IN REAR SUPPORT SEEMS VERY STURDY AND SUPPORTS THE FRAME AT A SUITABLE ANGLE.
ITEM WAS QUICKLY DISPATCH AND WELL PACKED.
on 28 November 2013
Arrived on time .Easy to set up. Pictures crisp and sharp with good colour saturation. The most important thing, my wife is
delighted wither here present.
on 16 November 2013
Purchased this item as a Christmas present. Arrived, well packaged, in one piece and in great time. The emails notifying me about dispatch and estimated arrival times were very helpful. I've not played around with the functions as I'll leave that to the recipient but I have added some pictures to the included USB drive and it works well with clear images displayed. 4GB is a good size for the USB drive although there is also the option for using an SD card or alternative stick should it be desired. So far, so good. I look forward to the reaction when it is opened on Christmas Day.
on 20 September 2014
I brought this frame on the 1st March 2014 off CT. It stopped working in August and because it is over 3months old I have to go through Amazon to contact CT. I have had no joy up to now so will not be purchasing any more Nix stuff.
on 13 July 2017
We bought this frame for my 92 year old father who loves seeing all the family on it. We recently had help from Mary Ann Sebastian with rotating the new photos on the frame and she was excellent, Thank you Lynda Woodhams.