on 4 February 2016
I received this Goodmans sound bar today and couldn't be more pleased. The unit is heavy and very pleasing to the eye. It doesn't look or feel cheap which is great considering the low price. Very well packaged with all leads you will need. Set up was so easy it's unreal. There are a few different set ups depending on what tv you have. The instruction booklet is small and simple. As is the little controller.
It sounds amazing. I'm a big bang movie lover and was surprised at the punch this unit packs. I thought I'd put it the ultimate test,so put on the movie,Knowing, with Nick Cage and forwarded to the plane crash scene!!!! Wow!! I wacked up the bass on the controller and could feel the vibrations on my feet! I'm so pleased with this. I see no need for a bigger wattage sound bar. It has blue tooth to connect your smart phone to listen to music. A port to plug in an mp3 player. And even comes with mounts and screws to put it on the wall if you wish.
Again.
Simple.
Cheap.
Great looking.
Sturdy.
Mega sound.
Very very happy customer.
review image review image review image
0Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 July 2015
For the price, this is an exceptional soundbar.

SOUND

The sound quality is very good; I'm sure it's not the best on the market, but at this price it's great. Nice and responsive bass, with enough treble mixed in.

I would have appreciated some mid control as well, but it doesn't suffer for it.

REMOTE

I have noted some negativity towards the remote...for me, these comments are unfounded. Mine works perfectly, and I don't have to press buttons multiple times for them to respond.

CONTENTS

I wanted to note that this product ships with both an RCA connector and a Phone connector. The reason I mention this is the item description implies it does not, so I bought an additional RCA cable, which is now a spare .

LOOK / FEEL

Not the sleekest design, it's more fat and short than others I've seen. However, it fits nicely under my TV and certainly doesn't look bad at all.

NEGATIVES

Really, I can only mention the lack of digital inputs as a negative. Again, for the price its to be expected, but a digital optical or hdmi input would be very appreciated, as more and more tv's are shipping without RCA output these days.
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 March 2017
After trying out a polaroid, technika and a hitachi sound bar I thought I was going to have to fork out way more than £40 for a good soundbar but fortunately I saw this one and thought I'd give it a try and I'm well happy with it. It gives my 55 Inch tv a well deserved boost just nice. I didn't want a mega loud 100w bar this does it job perfect. It's got an integrated subwoofer and 3 different sound settings.for 40 squid it's perfect.
on 24 May 2016
Bought this for my Mum who has just got a new 4k TV but the sound was a bit weak on it, after adding this its completely changed the TV.
Bass is reasonable and the quality of sound is great, you will certainly hear the difference once you have it plugged in.
It does only have RCA and aux, no optical but there is ways around that.
on 1 April 2017
Made my TV's sound much better, but eco feature is a pain. Turns off between watching TV,, and has to be switched back on at the side, not easy for someone with mobility problems
on 26 June 2015
Well, for the two hours that it worked, It worked just fine! Then the cheap Chinese power supply gave up the ghost. The replacement arrived yesterday (thanks, Amazon, great service) and I haven't set it up yet but here's hoping that the fault was a one-off and not a faulty batch. So this review is provisional and subject to amendment.
UPDATE:
Replacement unit has been working just fine for a couple of years. Very pleased. Very good value for money.
on 27 April 2016
I wasn't overly impressed at first its a bit chunkey and at first didn't sound as expected but after some playing around on it ive found the right mix and it sounds really good music is bassy and movies sound super on it its so easy to set up a monkey could do it all round very good cheep sound bar
on 7 June 2017
This is just what I needed for my TV. After discovering my Polaroid TV had horrible speakers, I needed something that would plug in and deliver quality sound. Goodmans speaker bar ticked all the boxes. My only niggle is the length of the audio cable that plugs into the TV. Apart from that, I would recommend these speakers.
on 10 March 2017
Far better than the sound on our Philips television. It has enhanced our viewing experience. Useful to connect to Bluetooth for music collections on phones and tabs etc.
on 16 August 2017
He likes it and it does sound much better than his TV but it would drive me mad having to use a separate controller to turn it on/off. The AV sockets were in an awkward position so I needed to buy longer AV cables for him.