on 4 July 2014
Having served in the a Royal Navy in Plymouth and having friends who were the Landlord and Landlady of the The Plough in Bere Ferres the area and villages described in the book are really familiar and weirdly comforting. The railway line from Bere Ferres I have travelled many times. So the book felt like I was walking through the story, Charlotte Savage and Darius Riley feel like real characters and ad the story unfolds you are drawn by both characters into their world and Psyche. Then once the story opens up you want to keep reading and expounding all of your own theories alongside theirs. Great story telling in particular like me if you know the area
on 25 January 2018
As always a story that holds the reader. I found the plot well written - however at times the story became overcrowded with too much information to digest properly. It was hard to follow at times but did not spoil my enjoyment of the book. It is lovely to meet up with the old favourites.
on 30 November 2017
I enjoyed this one more than the last two. A couple of inconsistencies but it didn't detract at all from the story.
The pace was kept going right until the last paragraph, which leaves you on a bit of a cliff hanger. I'm going to have to get the next one in the series now!
on 30 December 2017
The way the story unfolded , the murders being priority but yet the other investigations gaining in importance as different clues opened up the whole workings of each case . Really exellent read , one question though why are all Supts stupid .
on 18 August 2017
I have become totally obsessed with the DI Charlotte Savage novels. What a great read ! Always look forward to the next one.
on 12 May 2014
This is the first Charlotte Savage novel I have read, but am sure it won't be the last. Set in Devon the county is explored in some detail with a sub plot of stake outs in remote areas seemingly being used as punishment for some misdemeanour. The main storyline of women being killed on the longest day of the year and left in a hole in the corner of a farm is gripping. There's a weird psychologist for Charlotte to deal with while searching for the killer of the women. Worth reading!
on 23 June 2017
brill will look for more by you. I just could not put it down. Many thanks for such a great read.
on 3 June 2014
First time I've read this author's work and I won't be hesitating buying more. Admittedly, I'm a great fan of crime novels, and this certainly had me hooked from page 1. Definitely looking forward to making further purchases.
on 7 October 2017
Excellent! Best read ever and to anyone who enjoys something a bit twisted and gruesome read everyone of mark sennens book! I enjoyed all of them and cannot wait for more!!!
on 23 February 2017
I really enjoyed this book, I have read all of the ones in this series so far and can't wait to read the next one. I like the mix of relationships between the police team and family life, and liked all the twist and turns of the story.