on 3 June 2014
I was in a band in the early 80's and we borrowed a 4-track to put our songs on tape. The band was not serious and we recorded just 11 of our own songs. I still don't think they were truly awful but not professional at all. The 4-track was capable of making us sound a little better than we were. Last month I found a box of my old stuff from school and also a tape of the 11 songs that we mixed on the 4-track recorder. These days no radio or ghettoblaster has a cassette tape function but also I wanted to convert the songs to MP3 to my computer to keep them - and also with the technology these days to see if I could enhance them or even add stuff to them to make them sound more rounded.

So, first off, comes the conversion to MP3 and the review.

This thing is very poorly made and cheap. On mine the "play" button does not Work properly and you have to hold it down during the entire time of the conversion. So, if you have a 30-minute cassette tape, you have to hold the "play" button Down the entire time.

The reason for my pre-amble about my youth and band is because I bought this thing to convert just 11 short songs so the machine can cope with that. And with mine I can put up with holding the "on" button Down for each of those songs.

The final converted quailty is pretty good. so no quibbles there.

And the set up is simple - plug it in and off you go.

But should you have a substantial collection of cassette recordings that you want converted, I suggest you look for something of a better quality as thing looks as though it might pack in after a few tapes.
on 24 May 2014
I purchased the product because I have music cassettes that were never released as CD's and I want to preserve this music. IThe range of converters available are made by companies that are unfamiliar to me so I read reviews and opted for a more expensive machine than some that are available. Whilst the product is straightforward to use when I played back the music it was scrambled and therefore didn't do what this product is supposed to do. There was no troubleshooter for this particular problem so I returned the product. Brilliant service from Amazon though!
on 5 October 2013
I liked this product because it does exactly what I want it to without any fuss. It's easy to operate and is small and compact. Several tapes have already been transferred to mp3 at good quality sound.
on 23 February 2014
I bought another cassette to tape converter before and gave up, because all sorts of software I installed simply didn't work. This one does not need any installation of any kind. But put in the cassette and a USB stick and it works. Music can instantly be listened to on your computer. It is just great to preserve my old tapes.
on 23 April 2014
I hadn't realised that this would come from the Far East and that I would have to wait 27 days (although it did arrive within the time frame stated - it was just that I hadn't noticed). But having said this, I was delighted with this product and think that it is brilliant value for money. I liked the fact that it is stand-alone and didn't need to be connected to my computer - it is very easy to use, especially if one is familiar with the controls of a Walkman. I was a little worried that the battery life was given as an hour and that no mains adaptor was provided but it worked fine with my iPad charger. I did try it in the USB port on my computer but there seemed to be some background noise which didn't happen when I used it in another room. The tapes which I converted were mainly of the spoken word (language courses) or amateur recordings and the results compared very favourably with the quality of the original cassettes.
on 4 January 2015
Suffers with poor tape transport system like all these cassette2mp3 converters. After trying several different types, with varying levels of disappointment, I bit the bullet and bought a 2nd hand proper deck (Denon) from ebay with a usb inline converter. Considering that worked out no more expensive than these "cheap" converters, and the quality was streets ahead, I really fail to see the point of these things.
on 21 September 2014
when I bought it I was a bit dubious as to whether it was worth buying. It was so cheap
that at £5 I felt it was worth trying it. I can assure everyone it works perfect, the sound
is fine for me and although a bit tinny feeling I would recommend.
on 10 September 2014
Live recordings with piano and guitar sounds bad because of a bad tape transport system, wow and flutter. Also the USB cable was bad, it only worked during one day. In the end I scavenged my old 3 HEAD cassette recorder from 1982 with an excellent ”direct drive computer servo mechanism”. I extend the cables from the heads of that cassette recorder and soldered them in EZCAP. After a complete conversion I'm very happy with the sound quality, thirty years old live recordings are now saved.
on 4 January 2014
This is a brilliant product, which enables me to transfer my extensive cassette collection to USB. Amazing value for the price,east to use and trouble free.
on 18 September 2014
The electric motor is vastly underpowered and cannot play even a brand-new cassette without substantial speed variations. Instructions resemble English until you try reading them, when you discover that they are almost unintelligible. On-board software quickly gets itself into logic errors and needs both flash drive and power supply plugging and unplugging to clear these faults. Verdict: unfit for purpose – do not buy this under any circumstances!