Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 11 November 2015
Interesting stuff but heavy to read , you have to take your time and i still think some books are a bit more enjoyable to read.
1st thing i thought when i was reading that one was the guy is great, had good tips if i can call that tips but he is not a writer.
Worth it anyway.
I would not recommend that book to anyone as it had to be part of a deeper process to start to think about it, understand it and of course read it.
on 23 April 2017
A must read to understand how your life is in your hands with more belief..
on 21 August 2017
Good short book for a bit of a pick me up. Should be re-read as an when needed
on 4 May 2017
Life changing data, what a wonderful book. N Savva D's to be read several times and used as a reference.
on 24 April 2017
Brilliant book...gives you the first step to knowing who you really are. I was hooked!
on 17 May 2015
Most interesting,~~ & well worth a read.
on 17 April 2014
"Believe in Yourself" by Dr Joseph Murphy is another supremely brilliant book from the acclaimed metaphysician. The book is written in a clear, lucid, uplifting, inspirational style and the arguments and premises that the author propounds are set out in a very clear and easy-to-understand format. Perhaps the content of the book is a little dated, but the book is still worth reading to get a different perspective on life. I would highly recommend this book.
on 13 April 2014
If you suffer from low self esteem this is a good book to read. The advice is helpful and even if you start one bit of advice at a time, this would start you back to a life where it is lived and not just existing.
on 16 February 2014
I enjoyed reading this book at has made me think a little bit more about fears and anxiety s I may have . Have faith in yourself is all you need.
on 18 February 2016
Not so much a review as some thoughts I'm being left with as I finish the book. I like it, albeit after having to reject some unscriptural ideas.

I like how man's relationship with God is portrayed in terms that embraces man's psychological faculties as opposed to only classically religious Christian terms. Actually, it's my growing interest in the faculty of human imagination that led me to buy this book. Since experiencing inner healing from God (that is, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ) I have felt the desire to explore any creativity that may be latent within me. In reading about creativity I have seen how it is birthed in the imagination, which is essentially what this book is about - the imagination and thinking and acting positively based on the imagination.

I have highlighted in my kindle version various portions that I feel give good encouragement or clearly explain things or give clear steps in how to employ the powers of our imagination. I reckon I've made such highlights at the rate of 1 or 2 per page or two.

I'm not a fan of 'spiritualising' scripture, that is, interpreting it in a metaphorical way when it's simply telling a literal story. In this book that's what the author does with the story of Joseph, his dreams and his relationship to the rest of his family. I can overlook that. There are other things I need to overlook that I feel are too much of a departure from sound Biblical teaching, eg, the notion that I am my own saviour. If he means in terms of having the resources within myself to overcome seemingly impossible problems then fine, because that's what faith does, using the heart and mind; but not in terms of being able to atone for my sins - that is solely the achievement of Jesus Christ, his finished work of redemption on the cross by the spilling of his own blood unto death. I also need to overlook the exclusive emphasis given to healing as a result of the power of mind. Clearly, in scripture, which is God's own word, the power to heal belongs to him though his Holy Spirit, not the mind of man. Finally, the last thing I need to overlook is that the author was a freemason. It doesn't matter how advanced he was, the simple fact that he had become one is enough for me to think, 'Oh dear, that poor guy'. He may have realised how to use God given faculties in our human nature which mirror faculties of God himself and they relate to the principle of faith, but he seems to have been led astray from absolute Truth through his own ignorance of God's will resulting in his idolatrous involvement in Freemasonry - which brings a curse upon himself and generations of his offspring after him. (See anything by Derek Prince on Blessings and Curses).

So basically, what I got out of this book was encouragement to follow my interest and conviction in the power of the imagination and positive thinking, which to me are inherent in the principle of faith. What I would flag up about this book is it's seeming ignorance of the need for a man to be born again and to enter into a real, genuine spiritual (not merely mental or intellectual) relationship with God as the beginning of that persons true salvation in Christ. The 4 stars reflect my pleasure at being encouraged, the lack of 5 stars reflects my concerns over biblical mis-interpretation, the lack of honouring the Salvation that is in Jesus and links with Freemasonry.