Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£10.75+ £1.26 shipping

The film opens with four quick character introductions of "street" magicians. Daniel (Jesse Eisenberg) uses street magic to meet pretty women. His former assistant Henley (Isla "Legs" Fisher) does a stage act. McKinney (Woody Harrelson) is a hypnotist who uses his ability to shake down people. Jack (Dave Franco) uses his slight of hand to pick pocket people.

The four are summoned by Tarot cards (Lover, High Priestess, The Fool, and Death) to a common location. After the credits they become the world's greatest stage magicians while performing crime. They are followed by FBI Dylan (Mark Ruffalo) and Interpol Alma Dray (Mélanie Laurent). Meanwhile Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) is exposing their seemingly impossible tricks on the Internet.

The film keeps you interested as to their next trick. The movie drops clues as to what is going on, but again there is the classic misdirection here too. It is s fun popcorn action film filled with mystery, drama, action, and humor.

Parental Guide: One f-bomb. no sex, or nudity. Some sex discussion. Woman in bra.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 April 2016
In this stylish and baffling caper movie a mysterious benefactor takes four small-time magicians (or con-artists) operating separately in locations throughout the United States and brings them together to become a team of ‘super illusionists’ called The Four Horsemen who perform in front of large audiences. The identity of this philanthropist and the reason behind his sponsorship is revealed at the end of the movie but not before we witness some outrageous feats of deception including a bank robbery in another country whilst performing in Las Vegas. This puzzling crime results in the involvement of the FBI and an elite team of investigators led by Mark Ruffalo who becomes increasingly frustrated because although he is convinced that they are the perpetrators of the crime he cannot prove this and enlists the assistance of Morgan Freeman’s ex-magician who has made a living out of revealing the secrets behind other magician’s tricks. With its labyrinthine plotting, razzle-dazzle visuals, sharp dialogue and chase sequences it is undoubtedly an entertaining (albeit totally preposterous) movie which draws one in with its enthralling presentation. There is very limited (if any) character development in the movie, which is a shame since the film includes Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg as two of the Horseman, but I suppose this is normal for such a movie. Although reminiscent of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film The Prestige it doesn’t approach the quality and depth of that movie, but nevertheless is still worth watching.
on 18 November 2013
*Some spoilers*
After reading some reviews on here that have under 3*, I am confused. Most people are saying it didn't have a good ending, but I thought that it did. The magicians got what they wanted and the plot twist was great with who the 5th horseman was...so unexpected! I understand why people think that was unrealistic, but after all this whole film is about magic so why are people surprised when the plot twist is unrealistic? The only bit of the ending I didn't like was when Morgan Freeman was in prison. He's too good for that! :(
Overall I loved this film! Every show they did was so unexpected and left me in awe, wondering how it worked! I liked the fact that Morgan Freeman's character worked this out each time because it made him likeable and made me feel like I understood the plot, and could guess what was going to happen next. I watched 'Now you see me' twice in two days, and I was gripped the whole time! It's not my usual genre of film, but I loved it all the same. Awesome and mind-boggling film! :)
on 27 July 2013
Well where to start with this very original and thought provoking tale of deception and intrigue..

The film carries it's self very well from start to finish, we see 4 street magicians make their way to the top of their profession after they are recruited by a mystery person, they then perform in a Series of large stage shows in which they appear to pull off amazing heists and spread the wealth among their audience. My only disappointment with the story line was that we skip a year from their recruitment and go straight into the shows, there could have been a lot more depth in their progression and training together that we just don't see.
However the story line is intriguing and keeps you gripped right to the very end.

The acting itself is wonderful from the likes of Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine, they play their parts very well and the characters are very believable.

I will myself be buying a copy when it is released for my collection and I am sure I will watch it many times, although some things could be improved and there could be more depth in parts of the story line and the characters this is a fantastic watch and I am surprised anyone was didn't enjoy it.

Now You Buy It.
on 1 December 2013
An unusual, entertaining and thought provoking film. It's the story of four magicians, each with unique talents, who are summoned to a mysterious meeting before eventually seeming to rob a bank during their show. They are pursued by the FBI and a man who seeks to uncover and expose them. But what is real and what is illusion?
An intelligent and engaging film with a good cast. If you enjoy a film that makes you think, this is definitely worth a go.
on 24 August 2016
A pretty good movie. I'm not sure if the 'plot' all adds up, but the gloss and pace mean I don't really care. This is 'movie as fairground ride', get on, enjoy, get off.
The acting is solid throughout without being stellar - though it's not really the vehicle for 'big acting'. The script is likewise functional - it lacks real sparkle but doesn't grow heavy with cliche.
The tricks are well thought out and some will be 'surprised' by the ending as it appears to be going one-way then the other - but honestly, we all know how it's going to run - the roller-coaster is a fixed path, but a fun one.
on 3 December 2013
If you're looking for heavy thinking drama like The Prestige or Inception, you may want to go somewhere else. Now You See Me is a mindless caper and the great thing is, that's all it's trying to be. The whole movie is style over substance and it does a smashing job. All you need to do is sit back and try not to think too hard.

The basic premise of Now You See Me is centred around a disparate group of magicians who are invited into a secret Magic Circle type organisation. To earn their entrance, they have to perform a number of spectacular illusions. And that's about it. There are a few twists along the way, but don't try to think too hard about it or you'll notice a few dozen plot holes. But like I said, it's mindless fun that's just out to give you a fun couple of hours... And it certainly achieves that in the great tradition of heist/mystery capers.

Highly recommended for those who like to switch off.
This film, concerning four magicians/hypnotists/performers, dubbed 'The Four Horsemen' was interesting enough, but the confusing plot was somewhat unbelievable. The sheer amount of CGI throughout was rather annoying. There were some good performances though, especially from Caine and Freeman, but the others were all a bit 'meh'. I can imagine that this is the beginning of a long franchise, but it's not really my cup of tea.
on 9 November 2013
Abracadabra..and be gone with you! I wish.
The sleeper hit of the summer had a fascinating tone for the first half hour but very quickly descends into flashy, ridiculously staged nonsense that in the end is more about entertaining the audience rather than wooing them with all things magical.
Things become more and more out of control and farcical to the point where everything turns into a predictable, clumsy mess not helped by headache inducing camera work. Of course, it wouldn't be magic if there wasn't a big twist at the end, but it felt lifeless, sappy, and illogical all at the same time.
For real magic see The Prestige, Christopher Nolans spell binding ode to trickery at its most mystical and enchanting. The greatest trick this pulls is convincing half the population it is a decent watch.
on 1 August 2016
I had seem a trailer on this film and it looked okay so I ordered it. I watched the film and I really enjoyed it. The story line seemed very straight forward in the beginning. As the story progresses there are twists and turns but the ending is not what you expected. I do not like to say order or not as each person has their own tastes. Myself I am not sorry I ordered this dvd.