on 17 October 2013
Arrived the next day along with the monitor.

Installation of windoze 7 was a breeze, as was the installation of a wireless card.
Note, you need a PCI-e wireless card as there is only inbuilt LAN

All my favourite software went on quickly and efficiently.

It has a DVI out , so if you have a digital input on your monitor you can get true hi def pics.

On board grafix are excellent.

The 2tb drive is a real boon .

On the whole , really chuffed.
You could hardly buy the components for this price.
There is no case fan, but there is a MTB fan and a micro atx motherboard with lots of case space so overheating isnt going to be an issue.
Nearly silent, which for a bedroom machine is a boon.

Great machine , perfect for home office use, video, music and web surfing.
I`m sure non graphics intensive games would be fine, but really if that`s what you want look elsewhere.
For most users, this is all you ever need - of course you need some experience in software installation and need to be happy to install any additional PC cards if needed.
11 Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 September 2013
I am pleased with this product, I wanted a PC with no O/S so that I can buy my own copy of Windows 8. I didn't have any problem to install the OS and it is running well at present, so far so good! The Mouse and Keyboards are very good too. I don't know about Zoostorm's warranty service etc so I can't comment on it. I had slight delivery issue with CityLink but it was resolved in the end.
on 2 January 2015
Having read the reviews about Zoostorm computers I was wary of buying one. Eventually took the plunge on this i5. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was as quiet as a church mouse and was a cinge to set up as I installed my windows 7 independently. One criticism is the PSU being only 300 watts. Although it is powerful enough to opertae what comes with the purchase any upgrades would cause trouble. Surely it doesn't cost that much to include at least a 500 watt Psu. I have upgraded mine to a 550 watt and the whole thing functions very nicely indeed. The build quality is good and I can't understand why so many are complaining about the noise generated. It is quiet as said. At this price I have no hesitation recommnding it.
on 13 June 2014
Build quality and components used where what I expected for a budget system, however if you do have a problem the customer support from Zoostorm makes you jump through hopes to actually get anything resolved. They have a charging scheme for failed collection and returns, further charges if they don’t find a fault and insist on email verification for their additional costs and charges.
Collections and Delivery are limited and the support team do not actually answer an email without an automated pre-population email response.

When they did finally replace the board, they sent the desktop back damage and passed any blame to the courier even thou the external packaging was undamaged.

An ok system but God helps you if there is ever a problem.....
on 29 January 2014
well where do i start

well i order this on firday 24th jan and i got it by 10am on the 25th of jan now that is mint A++
so after i got it i opened it up to have a look and put my Nvidia GeForce GT 640 in it now was worried a bit cos it not a full size computer tower but this one is very nice and a great size and my beast on t card went in no problems and looking at the other parts on this computer are mint you get everything you should with a very nice well put togther computer and at under 250 pounds it is very good and if you looking 4 a new computer this is a very good start and easy to upgrade if you want as well

the computer runs windows 7 ultimate full no problems at all and when running most od the time you world not know then computer is on no real noise which is always nice, it is fast easy to set up and everything you will really need if youe into games them you mite wanna get a graphices card in it like i have but if your not a game player then is it is will do you very well

all in all i am very happy with this computer and at the cost of it it is very nice with room to upgrade if you wanna so you can just make it better and better

5 stars from me A++++
A very good machine which could easily have been better. It only has a 250 watt PSU which means that if you want to add a graphics card and an extra HDD you really do need to change the PSU for a higher powered one to ensure computer stability. It seems a very strange way for them to save money as larger PSU would not been very much more expensive than the one fitted
on 11 May 2014
Because my knowledge of computors is limited, when I had set the computer up and switched on and tried to load the disc provided, because of the lack of simple instructions I was at a complete loss as to know how to proceed. The only booklet provided was instuctions on how to construct the computer if you purchased it in kit form. Their was a telephone number for Zoostorm service department, which I rang, the service operator i spoke to was was quite off putting because it was obvious to him that i was not a computer technican, after he put me on hold for quite a few minutes which I found extremely rude, he did eventually tell me what I needed to do. Apart from that i am very pleased with my purchase.
on 23 April 2014
I never thought that I would buy a PC without an operating system! Yet here we are after a month with this great Zoostorm PC and a separately purchased Win 8 O/S. Getting set up was sooooo easy. Just load the disc and wait a while. No problems!
This machine (or electronic device), is so quiet, yet very fast. Windows 8 takes a while to get used to and the only negatives I have are the amount of ads that pop up.
All in all I am really glad I bought this box.
Try it and you will see!
on 14 February 2014
Everything was as stated.
Only downside was that I had to purchase sata cables for the second disk drive I'm putting in (from dead machine).

Six months later...

Some kind of internal wiring fault makes the case live - not lethal but enough to make you start. USB cables too - I wonder what it's doing to my camera etc.
on 14 April 2014
This is wonderful value for money. Impossible to put together for less. The component parts individually purchased exceed the cost offered here. Absolutely no difficulty loading win8 and then upgrading, free, 8.1. I did not have to test the support or backup but this is well praised elswhere within the Amazon pages.