Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 November 2013
I reviewed Part 1 of the 20/20 Experience, which I think is a great album, but Part 2 is much better!
It's JT back to his more poppy/r'n'b sound!

This album is darker and naughtier then Part 1;). Also the lyrics are more interesting with lots of attitude!

Best tracks: TKO, Amnesia (which is like two songs in one), Only When I Walk Away (pure angst), Not a Bad Thing (pretty ballad) and Take Back the Night (Defo nod to Michael Jackson).

It's a good album, some songs sometimes unnecessarily long, however these songs will have you moving!

Well done JT :)
on 16 August 2017
Happy with my purchase
on 14 April 2017
Not worth buying.
on 6 December 2016
Great
on 25 July 2017
I love it! Great Album!!!
on 20 October 2013
Glad to have the man back doing what he does best. Great album, I couldn't do my daily gym schedule without it.
on 4 November 2013
Great follow up to 20/20 part 1.
There are some great songs on this album, maybe not packed full of singles; but it is an album after all & not a greatest hits.
I have played this CD numerous times since I purchased it & it gets better with each listen
on 25 December 2013
This was bought as present for me, and I was expecting Pt.1. I don't see this as an album that works by itself. It would make more sense for it to be a Part 2 that was bundled with Part 1, but as a standalone album? No.

Track 1 "Gimme What I don't know" is a decent intro track to an album. Track 2 "True Blood" is an average album track with a decent groove, not really that memorable, but ok. Next up is "Cabaret", and this is where the disappointment really starts to set in. It's one of those predictable R n B tracks about undressing (yawn). Not a great song. TKO then starts off with "Kill me with that Kooch Kooch Koochy-Koo" lyrics sung in an R n B/Gangsta style (double yawn). The beats are just very mediocre. To me, this track is a painting by numbers R n B production, and the song and lyrics are of similar quality, predictable and boring. "Take Back The Night" is a bit of fresh air after the two previous contrived R n B tracks. It's in true Timberlakey style with memories of Michael Jackson. It's a more memorable tune that is instantly catchy. "Murder" is a decent offering. I just think Timbaland's verse drum beats are sounding a bit old hat and make, what could be, a pretty good album track sound just boring, and the ubiquitous gangsta rap for the mid section, here offered by Jay-Z, really is a tired formula. "Drink you away", again, an album track, which would be ok it had been preceded by something more memorable, but since "Murder" just went on for too long, this also drags. "You got it on" comes none too soon, a sweet ballad. A good track! "Amnesia" is a forgettable R n B style ballad - album filler, follows by "Only when I walk away". It's a bit different production wise because of the distorted vocal and some smatterings of rock guitar. I want to skip this track, but it could be ok if placed between good pop tracks. I like "Not a bad thing", a quality up-beat ballad, and I was hoping that this album would contain move of this style, which would sit well next to "Mirrors" from part 1. Ultimately, I think JT could have made a single killer disk, rather than a few decent tracks spread over two, padded out with contrived and predictable R n B tracks. In a word, disappointing. I think I will get part 1 and just make my own compilation of the best of both.
on 6 February 2014
Oh JT... This is probably the best album I have ever heard apart of all his previous albums.. LOL.. JT had to come back and what a way to do it! loved the songs, specially Pusher love girl, strawberry bubblegum, tunnel vision, TKO & Amnesia and it is true that some songs are long but this fact does't affect the quality of the songs, in fact the change of rhythms makes them so different and 100% enjoyable.. I bough this album as Me and my hubby have always loved JT.. Recommended..
on 16 December 2013
a truly fantastic album and great second half form the 20/20 experience and full of fantastic songs a must have album