Format: DVD|Change

on 5 September 2013
I had already purchased the highly-acclaimed 'Bare Bones' live CD release from 2010 and absolutely loved it - it really showed off Bryan's talent as a guitarist and vocalist thanks to the stripped-down arrangements. This new release brings the 'Bare Bones' experience to a whole new level. The new DVD immerses you into the warm, intimate setting of the Sydney Opera House, with another fully-acoustic show featuring many new songs (and hits such as 'When You're Gone' - one of my favourites) which were not included on the previous live CD. The DVD features basic camera angles with several camcorder-like shots - again emphasising the stripped-down nature of the concert. Although the show is relatively dark in terms of lighting, the picture and sound quality on the DVD is great.

For fans like myself, who loved the first 'Bare Bones' CD, I strongly recommend getting the DVD/CD 'Deluxe Edition', as the new CD is a perfect companion to the previous release, and it's great to be able to listen to all those new and different songs without having to watch the DVD every time. I now have both shows together in my iTunes library!
on 27 November 2013
I loved all the works by Bryan Adams from the self titled debut album to Waking Up The Neighbours. I was a big fan. Still I am. I own his all albums to date, seen him live twice and would love to see him doing this solo Bare Bones thing live.

I saw changes in BA's musical style in 18 Til I Die. This was the point, the 90s, where 80s rock music was fading. A lot of 80s musicians disappeared after that and a lot of them changed their style for the new market. The new generation and most of the old listeners enjoyed the new music. People like me, not having enough of the 80s rock music, still wanting more, could not accept the change. That's what happened with me. Some songs in 18 Til I Die are of course my favourites. Maybe Bryan was tired of himself playing power chords, barre chords all the time. So he gave fans new things which I only appreciated after many years today.

There was a day when MTV produced a lot of unplugged albums. I loved those days. Bryan's Unplugged album was brilliant beyond doubts. I lost interest in his music from On A Day Like Today to 11. But until now this very album. I am back. Anyone heard of Richard Marx? I am equally his big fan as BA's. Same thing with him. After his Flesh And Bone album I lost interest in his music but until his Stories To Tell album which is recorded in the studio. Not live. Richard Marx strumming acoustic guitar and singing all his hits, some songs with accompanied piano and second acoustic guitar. Maybe the same time or after Bare Bones, that album came out but I listened to it before. God! I loved the album so much that I hummed the songs for days and days.

I find the same thing in Bare Bones. Bryan strumming his acoustic guitar and singing but live not studio recorded, and without Keith Scott and his band, and with piano and harmonica, and with extra fun, the audience. And this Live At Sydney Opera House is polished version of the Bare Bones. I enjoyed and loved this album better and more. For days, I am just singing along the songs that I grew up listening to. Having BA fever. I recommend this special edition where you can get both CD and DVD.

Love BA
Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,
on 11 September 2013
Getting the CD & DVD package seems to make most sense at the current Amazon prices. They manage to squeeze 22 tracks on the CD whilst the DVD running time is around 100 minutes.

The packaging is a slightly frustrating fold out with hard plastic cases, which means there is nowhere to hold the booklet, once the cellophane is removed - still it keeps the discs safe enough.

A great follow on to the original bare bones cd Bare Bones and the much earlier unplugged album MTV Unplugged.

The tracks cover the full range of Bryan's career and help to fill the void whilst waiting for a new album.
on 27 June 2015
I was actually lucky enough to have been at the recording of this. The show is fantastic. To this day, it's the best Bryan Adams concert I've ever been to. As soon as I found out the DVD had been released, I just had to have it, and it certainly doesn't disappoint. Brilliant acoustic versions of some of his biggest hits and the concert hall at the Sydney Opera House was the absolute perfect venue. For me, this DVD brings back fabulous memories of a wonderful evening. Even if you have the Bare Bones CD, this is well worth having.
on 16 October 2013
This just shows his talent..piano..guitar ..harmonica and his voice!

All classics..new..just gets you singing his tunes for weeks after!

Well worth buying if you a massive fan or only know half ..you'll be a big fan in no time.!.
on 1 October 2013
Good show, Bryan is in a very good shape, great setlist. In spite of that, I think if you compare the cd with his previous work, is not as good as Bare Bones. Anyway, the package of cd & and dvd with a whole show is worth the money.
on 8 February 2014
Fantastic recording of Adams acoustic show in Sydney. A new spin on classic songs broken down to the original roots. The CD/DVD combo is a must have. This Time, Heat of the Night and bagpipe accompaniment on Cuts Like a Knife highlight the show. You won't be disappointed.
on 28 October 2013
Bryan Adams gets 5 stars from me every time he is a legend , sexy and a brilliant all round performer x!
on 26 June 2014
My mum loved it but wasn't keen on the camera angles...too many side shots and not enough close ups of the man himself!
on 20 September 2015
Bought this for my fiancée and she loves this guy. Hi love his music also. Fast delivery and this arrived quickly.