on 16 November 2014
Very good taste, strong and creamy, just like a good coffe should be
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2013
I'm using these capsules (pods) in my nespresso machine and they very good, rich in colour yet smooth and gentle espresso. They are very comparable with Nespresso's own gold capsules, maybe slightly darker than the original.

Now, the interesting part here is this: these pods do not get pierced they have tiny holes where the pressurised water is squeezed through. For this to work they are individually packed in tiny little bags - I rather like this idea as when you open the baggy you get this nice coffee aroma coming out (something you do not get with original Nespersso capsules) and let's face it - aroma if integral part of coffee drinking!

I have now started buying Cafe Pods only - especially because I like the opening of the baggy and the nice coffee aroma even before the coffee is made.

Overall very pleasantly surprised with these Nespresso compatible capsules.
on 5 August 2014
We've tried various "nespresso compatible" pods and these have come out best for taste so far. They work perfectly in our Citiz machine and give a good crema. The only downside is that all of the pods are black, regardless of what strength they are so, if you take them out of their individual wrappings to put them in whatever pod holder you have (and let's face it, most people with a machine WILL have some sort of whizzy holder) you can't tell the difference between them. We usually have 3 different strengths on the go at any one time, and have had to resort to "filing" them to try and keep track of which is which.

All in all a good alternative to Nespresso pods, at a cheaper price, without losing too much of the flavour.
on 1 January 2014
I bought these Pods as a gift for a relative of mine, after the ones suppled with the machine had been used up. The original Nespresso Pods had varying flavours but the Cafe Pod Smooth Pods are of one flavour only: an excellent flavour which entirely satisfied both my relative and me. They are also much cheaper than the original Nespresso ones. We can fully recommend the Cafe Pods to those looking for a tasty cup of espresso coffee.
on 16 January 2016
Maybe not quite as richly aromatic as the Nespresso originals, but even without taking the price into account, these make a fine cup of espresso, with an excellent crema (in the right machine, I suppose). I find, even with a side by side comparison with original pods, these lose a few, but very few, points. Recommended.
on 24 July 2015
After years of paying well over the odds for Nespresso capsules we thought we'd give these a go. I'm pained to say that they aren't quite as good as Nespresso, but the difference vs. the cost is negligible for predominantly milky coffees. Probably stick to Nespresso's for black / short coffees.
on 3 December 2013
I was really pleasantly surprised when I tried this coffee. It's is exactly what it says on the box - really smooth. I've also found Nespresso ones quite bitter in the past and this one isn't at all. The capsules fitted perfectly into the machine. Great alternative to Nespresso.
on 25 March 2015
I have to be honest and say I was not too sure about this purchase but I'm happy to say that having tried my first capsule I am very pleased with it. I will certainly buy this item again and may even try one of the other flavours as well.
on 26 September 2013
First time try of a compatible Coffee pod and quite pleased with the result. Would buy again as cheaper than originals.
on 30 April 2016
I wanted to try something different to nespresso so price wasn't my primary concern when purchasing these cafe pods. The coffee tastes good but I don't really have a strong preference between the two. I was a but disappointed that all of the capsules are the same colour (I also bought some other flavours). It doesn't really matter but means you need to keep them in the packaging to know which are which and I think it's misleading to have them coloured on the picture on the box.

See one answered question