Customer reviews

on 16 March 2017
This, like its predecessors, soon cracked for no obvious reason.
Perhaps it's my fault?
I now use a thick aluminium plate.
on 19 September 2014
Its a bargain for less than £8. Already used it and its just fine.

Some others complained it cracked while in use. Although not in the instructions, I have heard that with this type of stones, you must first time gently heat up in oven and let stay at the high heat for one hour. This will toughen up the stone.

Its also easy to stain it and the stains will not come off as the tile is porous. So I recommend sealing it with some veg oil before the first heating

-----

Update 14th/Nov

Yes ... and despite all my initial enthusiasm it cracked in the oven. Looks like an issue with this product that eventually they crack. Maybe that's why they are such a "bargain" (not) !!

To give credit, Amazon CS agreed to send me another new one. Lets see how that fairs. I guess much the same.
on 24 June 2014
For the price I paid, I'm amazed at the quality of this thing. It's a good size, nice and thick. It heats up really well and doesn't take long (half an hour as suggested worked great for me). The paddle works great too, and it's all LEIFHEIT branded, so not a cheap knock-off. According to the box it's rated for wood-fired pizza ovens (so 250-300c in an oven should be a breeze) and it has a 3 year warranty!

Most importantly - the quality of my homemade pizzas have improved dramatically. They cook much faster, so the bottom is nice and crispy, but the inside isn't bready or cakey. Really impressed.

Also, to anyone with concerns of it breaking - let it cool naturally in the oven before washing it (with water only), and make sure it is completely dry before heating it in the oven.
on 3 May 2014
I got this one because my home make pizza is all sorts of shapes but never round, it comes with a paddle which is very handy for getting the pizza/breads in and out of the oven (takes a little practice) - it helps cook the dough very fast so (depending on thickness) you can end up with a very nicely cooked pizza in about 8mins but. You do need to pre heat the stone for about 30mins on a high heat.
on 3 November 2014
Good size stone. Make sure you heat it up for at least the recommended half hour, so that the pizza cooks quickly.The pizza board is very handy to make the pizza on (with lots of flour under it to facilitate its removal) and then 'flick' it in the oven and also to remove the pizza when it is cooked. Good product for a good prize.
on 1 October 2014
Love it brilliant for the price. Heats up great. Awesome for cooking oven chips on and heating pastry. If you buy part baked rolls this is fantastic

It has transformed my pizzas from soggy to crip bases where you can pick up the you slice and it looks amazing
on 28 February 2015
I like it, the stone stains quite easily, but this is purely aesthetic, it doesn't affect the utility. It would be nice to have a longer handle on the wooden paddle though, the stone gets very expletive hot!
on 1 August 2016
First use was successful making very tasty pizza. However, the second time I used it. the stone cracked in two mid-way through cooking. I closely following instructions re heating and cooking slowly (put it in cold oven and heat for 30 mins at correct temp, cool down slowly) and I hadn't even washed the stone so it can not have been due to moisture, I think there is just a defect in the manufacture/design. Disappointed.
on 17 June 2014
Product seemed fine and was cheap, but cracked in half whilst in the oven at 250 degrees on it's 2nd use.
on 21 November 2014
I was initially delighted with this product and it really made a difference to my homemade pizzas but after about 10 uses it cracked in half so I'm really disappointed. Unfortunately I'm not able to request a refund but I really feel it's not good enough, I thought it was reasonable to expect a few years use at least!