on 18 January 2015
Feeling quite chuffed I got this when it was £11 and I have to say The double concept album is just fantastic such inventive music by the band some very clever concepts and ideas and things going on and then you get a live cd and the book story that explains it too that is very coool. I really quite like the Afterman concept the music is a bit more experimental than pervious albums a bit less 'metal focused' but this doesn't detract from the album or experience. Claudio is not singing in a girly voice as he used to anymore it is more kind of lower and not so high pitched. There is ample guitar riffs and keyboard usage but they are mixed more. There is plenty to catch your ear and get stuck in your head like " Hang your secrets hang em up hang em up" that is a cool refrain
on 21 November 2013
Just received this in the post this morning. I already owned both halves of the Afterman album and won't review them here as they are reviewed under the relevant items here on Amazon. I will quickly just say that I think the double album is a massive return to form following what I personally thought was a disappointing effort (Year Of The Black Rainbow).

So, this triple disc deluxe edition of The Afterman...is it worth it? The live CD has packaged some of the best tracks from the two halves and captured them brilliantly, as you would expect if you have ever listened to any other official Coheed live release. I was lucky enough to meet the band the other night and also spent time chatting with their live sound engineer, Mike. He has done a consistently great job over the past three years, and it is evident on these recordings. The band, as we have grown to expect, play flawlessly. Would be great to see them release a new live DVD from this tour as they are a very visual band.

But what makes the purchase of two CDs I already have worth it is the beautiful packaging. The package contains a book that details the Afterman story, song by song. I haven't read it fully yet, but am looking forward to learning the meaning behind these amazing songs. All of the lyrics are included and there are some good photos of the band in action on The Afterman tour.

So, despite the fact that most people reading this will already own Ascension and Descension, I fully recommend the purchase of this set and believe that any die-hard fan will add this to their Coheed collection.
on 20 November 2014
A very good set. The two latest albums together plus a good live set. I think the recording of the live set is perhaps not quite up to 'Neverender' but still a great listen. Tremendous band - give them a listen.
on 17 October 2013
I have been a coheed fan for years now and even though i had both albums already seperately this set was worth it for the booklet and the live disc.
Coheed are so good live and the 3 disc captures the experience well. A must for any coheed fan.
on 6 December 2014
Excellent, arrived well within the time stated.
on 4 December 2014
Great albums and a cool story