Customer reviews

His Brother's Wife
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 11 January 2014
I must have missed one as I didn't realise there was a book that went before this - "The Maid's Secret", it didn't spoil this story though and I have now got the missing one and will catch up. I have never been disappointed with any of Val Wood's books, probably coming from East Yorkshire over 20 years ago helps, but also having an interest in family history too, I get excited when she mentions somewhere that I know and it fuels my interest again. I never liked history at school, but I love reading Val's books from this era and have now bought some old maps to find some of the places she mentions. I'm already looking forward to the next one.
9 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2016
Wonderful story . The sequel to The Maids Secret then look for Every Mothers son ...Im writing this to help customers get the books in order as find it so hard to find out whether theres more about these interesting charactets as dont like reading "backwards"Took me an hour to find a sequel by reading others reviews and after initially giving up and ordering another authorsbook had a last search and found Harriets story of Tukes and Harts continued in Every mothers sons!!Am thrilled so started it now. To think I nearly missed it!!
3 people found this helpful
on 15 May 2014
I am three quarters of the way through this book and have to say I am captivated by the story.
I ordered a sample on my Kindle having never heard of this author let alone read one of her books.
I just love her style of writing and ordered the book after reading the sample and can honestly say she will now be added to my favourite authors list.
I know from what I have read so far that the rest of the story will be as enjoyable as what I have read so far.
I will certainly purchase more of her books in the future.

"Update"...
Finished this book and as I expected it was a great read.
About to start my second "Val Wood" book,
"The Innkeepers Daughter", hope it's as good as the previous one.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Once again enjoyed this story, the places and it's characters and a plot and truth never revealed! Highly recommended read.
on 20 November 2016
Read all of this authors books and will continue to buy more. Always a good read. Transferred to my Kindle without problems via Amazon.
on 8 May 2014
I enjoy the way Val gets into the hearts and minds of the people and the period in which her stories are set. With the twists and turns of the plot you can never be sure what is round the next corner of the journey the central character.
One person found this helpful
on 29 April 2018
Great read,as expected
on 8 May 2014
I have all of val wood's books and again I wasn't disappointed by this one. I read it in 2 days, I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend it to family and friends.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 December 2014
The story keep me wondering what was going to happen next. As always Val Wood never fails to come up with a brilliant story. I could feel the desolate landscape and knowing the area well could visualise the scenes. A very good read.
on 3 April 2018