on 8 January 2014
I bought this for my 5 year old son who is beginning to have an interest in the turtles. He loves it. It is also a good DVD for my Son and Husband to watch together as he used to a love them when he was younger. The DVD was in excellent condition great Christmas present.
on 9 March 2017
Disk 3 Dosnt work at all waste of money
on 7 December 2013
these are great films, ok the third is not as good as the first two but still enjoyable for any TMNT fan
on 4 February 2014
After being available in the US for quite a while, the UK finally gets a bluray release for this hugely popular 90's trilogy.
The first is easily the best, an underrated classic that blends the comedy and violence of the cartoon series, & their darker comic book counterparts.
The animatronic puppetry, by Jim Henson studios, has held up very well, & really brings the awesome foursome to life in a live action setting. It's also surprisingly darker than you may remember- giving it a feeling of being a little ahead of it's time.
Turtles 2 has it's moments, but definitely feels like a toned down, more child friendly follow up. The effects have aged just as well, though the fight scenes are played for comedy and lack any real punch. It's not bad though, & kids, or adults who loved these films as kids, will still get a kick out of them. The less said about the third one, the better though!
The bluray transfers are sharp & colourful, most notably on the original, which brings out a wealth of detail, previously unseen on past dvd versions. There's a fairly decent, 30 minute 'making of' that mostly covers the first two films.
A decent package well worth a nostalgic rewatch, or a great gift for any kids currently enjoying the excellent new Nickelodeon tv show!
VINE VOICEon 2 October 2014
The 3 original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies on one 3 disc set. The first movie introduces the Turtles Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello along with their master Splinter the rat as they rescue reporter April O'Neill and take on evil villain The Shredder and his army The Foot Clan. It's dated quite badly but still good fun and amusing and not to be taken seriously. The effects and costumes on the Turtles are laughable compared to today's effects and at the time of release it was the biggest grossing independent film at the box office. The sequel, Secret Of The Ooze sees the Turtles learn the truth about their origin and once again take on The Shredder who has the original canister that contains the ooze that caused their mutations from ordinary turtles. An enjoyable fun sequel with some hammy performances. The 2nd sequel and final film Turtles In Time sees the turtles travel back in time to 17th century Japan and take on an evil emperor. Again good fun and if you liked the first 2 films you should enjoy this. None of the films are exactly cinematic art so shouldn't be taken seriously and just enjoyed for what they are. Fans of the turtles will love these films.
on 19 April 2007
Well, I originally made the mistake (or so I thought) of taking my two seven-year-olds to the cinema to see the new TNMT film, only to find that I quite enjoyed it (or did I just not hate it as much as I anticipated?!) I got hold of these three original films and have watched them with the kids a few times, and it has never seemed like purgatory. They are good fun, with several decidely funny one-liners thrown in in each film. The sets and costumes are obviuously very 90s, but if you go into these films with an open mind you should enjoy them.

The messages about 'family togetherness', 'respect for teacher', and 'good vs evil' are prevalent trhoughout, but in this day and age that isn't a bad thing.

I have to say that I was surprised by the quality of the turtle costumes and the actors/dancers/gymnasts inside them - give them a go...your tiddlers will love them! Oh, and the new TNMT does actually follow on from the third film of the series (if you check out the relics in Splinter's collection at the end you will see something from the third film therein!
on 23 October 2015
Was having a nostalgia moment at two in the morning because I had a good few drinks and I saw this browsing Amazon in bed and I had to get it. So many classic films in one bundle (ok maybe not cult classics, but they were classics from my childhood). I enjoyed the newer film to an extent but you just can't beat the originals, this DVD is worth every penny.
on 21 June 2014
Love it! Took me a while to find all three films but then I found this DVD with all of them on!
on 30 June 2016
The 90s Live-Action Trilogy of Heroes in A Half-Shell! I had never really seen the 1st and 3rd films before - but I remember loving the second movie so I bought this for a cheap price!
on 4 July 2016
Beeing a 90's kid i thought i would reminisce so i purchased this item and BOY! do i love these films. They never get old and my 3 year old boy LOVES them. I would recommend anyone whos looking at getting these. They do not disapoint. Each movie is on a separate dvd. I also seen a comment of the 3rd movie beeing a cartoon. This is NOT true. The front cover is a cartoon but the film is not. Wow they brought back some childhood memories! 5 start.