on 27 June 2014
As I'm nearly 24, same age as the first film. These were the first three films I can remember in my toddler years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
New York City, 1990. The NYPD can't trace the high rate criminals called, "The Foot". They're stealthy ninjas committing crime and recruiting teens everywhere. Their leader called the Shredder wants to search and stop the creatures known as the four turtles from disrupting his plans of dominating crime all over New York. As Splinter (the turtles's rat sensei) gets kidnapped by the foot to lure the turtles to a trap. The turtles gets assisted by the vigilante called Casey Jones and reporter April O'Neil.

This film has a late 80's early 90's nostalgia and has a sort of noir feeling. In my opinion the best one out of the trilogy.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)
New York City, 1991. As every citizen is happily living their lives as the crime rate has gone low since the turtles kicked all the Foot clan in jail. Meanwhile at the NYC dump, the Shredder has risen and the Foot clan is reborn and this time with an ooze substance called TGRI. The substance is green ooze that can mutate any living thing into ten times the size and it's the same substance what created the turtles. Meanwhile the Shredder uses the ooze to create two non-stop mutants of a wolf and turtle called Tokka and Razor. The turtles must stop these creatures and once again defeat the Shredder and the Foot clan to restore peace to the New York streets again.

This film I remembered the most and this one is not as noir as the first one and Vanilla Ice made a guest cameo with a great single.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
New York City, 1993. As the turtles have been seen by the New York citizens whilst defeating the Shedder, the Foot clan and his two mutants in the previous film. It's time the turtles to stay underground and leave crime fighting to the NYPD. Later April is back from her vacation and has a gift for Splinter, which is a magical sceptre that accidentally sent her to feudal Japan. The turtles have no choice but to use the sceptre to go to feudal Japan and rescue her. Later in feudal Japan is in a civil war leaving April being captured in the middle of it and taken to a castle dojo. The turtles must find a way to rescue April and to get back to their present time in New York.

This film is the least favourite of mine, the turtles look very different than the first two and this one is more comedic than the others.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 November 2015
So this is a perfect trip back to childhood. Are they the best movies, no, they're obviously not gonna be Oscar worthy but they are well worth it for the entertainment they provide. Back in a time when special effects weren't so prominent and when you see real life version of the ninja turtles it really does make you smile. In this set you get three movies and each one has the same slap stick style comedy and cheesy one liners in them. Nothing wrong with that in fact it fits perfectly. The quality of the picture is fantastic as is the sound. Extras wise there isn't a lot but there are a few interesting bits, mainly showing the turtle suits and just how much animatronics actually went into each suit
on 8 January 2014
I bought this for my 5 year old son who is beginning to have an interest in the turtles. He loves it. It is also a good DVD for my Son and Husband to watch together as he used to a love them when he was younger. The DVD was in excellent condition great Christmas present.
on 23 October 2015
Was having a nostalgia moment at two in the morning because I had a good few drinks and I saw this browsing Amazon in bed and I had to get it. So many classic films in one bundle (ok maybe not cult classics, but they were classics from my childhood). I enjoyed the newer film to an extent but you just can't beat the originals, this DVD is worth every penny.
VINE VOICEon 2 October 2014
The 3 original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies on one 3 disc set. The first movie introduces the Turtles Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello along with their master Splinter the rat as they rescue reporter April O'Neill and take on evil villain The Shredder and his army The Foot Clan. It's dated quite badly but still good fun and amusing and not to be taken seriously. The effects and costumes on the Turtles are laughable compared to today's effects and at the time of release it was the biggest grossing independent film at the box office. The sequel, Secret Of The Ooze sees the Turtles learn the truth about their origin and once again take on The Shredder who has the original canister that contains the ooze that caused their mutations from ordinary turtles. An enjoyable fun sequel with some hammy performances. The 2nd sequel and final film Turtles In Time sees the turtles travel back in time to 17th century Japan and take on an evil emperor. Again good fun and if you liked the first 2 films you should enjoy this. None of the films are exactly cinematic art so shouldn't be taken seriously and just enjoyed for what they are. Fans of the turtles will love these films.
on 28 May 2015
These are amazing films. I loved them when I was a child and I still love them. I bought these DVDs for my cousin's little boy who has just discovered the turtles. I already have numerous copies thanks to me and my turtle loving husband combining our collections.
I wasn't sure if my cousin's boy would like these films, they're probably a bit dated now (I know them by heart, they'll never feel dated to me!) but I've been told he really enjoyed them. So fingers crossed that I've successfully passed my mutant turtle passion onto him.
I recommend these films for any kids who are just discovering the turtles. The 2012 cartoons are great, the 2014 film is awful. So definately try out the classic originals. Can't go wrong with the price.
on 19 April 2007
Well, I originally made the mistake (or so I thought) of taking my two seven-year-olds to the cinema to see the new TNMT film, only to find that I quite enjoyed it (or did I just not hate it as much as I anticipated?!) I got hold of these three original films and have watched them with the kids a few times, and it has never seemed like purgatory. They are good fun, with several decidely funny one-liners thrown in in each film. The sets and costumes are obviuously very 90s, but if you go into these films with an open mind you should enjoy them.

The messages about 'family togetherness', 'respect for teacher', and 'good vs evil' are prevalent trhoughout, but in this day and age that isn't a bad thing.

I have to say that I was surprised by the quality of the turtle costumes and the actors/dancers/gymnasts inside them - give them a go...your tiddlers will love them! Oh, and the new TNMT does actually follow on from the third film of the series (if you check out the relics in Splinter's collection at the end you will see something from the third film therein!
on 4 February 2014
After being available in the US for quite a while, the UK finally gets a bluray release for this hugely popular 90's trilogy.
The first is easily the best, an underrated classic that blends the comedy and violence of the cartoon series, & their darker comic book counterparts.
The animatronic puppetry, by Jim Henson studios, has held up very well, & really brings the awesome foursome to life in a live action setting. It's also surprisingly darker than you may remember- giving it a feeling of being a little ahead of it's time.
Turtles 2 has it's moments, but definitely feels like a toned down, more child friendly follow up. The effects have aged just as well, though the fight scenes are played for comedy and lack any real punch. It's not bad though, & kids, or adults who loved these films as kids, will still get a kick out of them. The less said about the third one, the better though!
The bluray transfers are sharp & colourful, most notably on the original, which brings out a wealth of detail, previously unseen on past dvd versions. There's a fairly decent, 30 minute 'making of' that mostly covers the first two films.
A decent package well worth a nostalgic rewatch, or a great gift for any kids currently enjoying the excellent new Nickelodeon tv show!
on 4 July 2016
Beeing a 90's kid i thought i would reminisce so i purchased this item and BOY! do i love these films. They never get old and my 3 year old boy LOVES them. I would recommend anyone whos looking at getting these. They do not disapoint. Each movie is on a separate dvd. I also seen a comment of the 3rd movie beeing a cartoon. This is NOT true. The front cover is a cartoon but the film is not. Wow they brought back some childhood memories! 5 start.
on 13 November 2014
I bought this as a gift for my brother who went to see the films in the cinemas as a child. He absolutely loved it! I'm sure a child now would appreciate the films too, even though they may look a little "dated" to them. Good fun.