Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.28

on 5 April 2017
Great book to read and just flows, you resonate with each page and it's just clear straight talking that we all know and forget and need to hear again and again.
on 3 April 2014
Where to begin? A solid and inspiring read throughout.

During this book Brad cleverly demonstrates his straight foreward attitude, no nonsense approach to business and life in general. Each chapter leaves you feeling more positive and empowered than the last (I read it in two days).
A true insight as to what i believe is the right way for any self respecting man (both in business AND life) to cunduct himself. Straight talking and most of all speaking sense.
Common sense these days is a rarity and this book gives you hope that there are people out there just like me and you, people who have gone against the odds and made their life exactly the way they want it to be.
This book will give you the courage to do exactly that, and then some.
In short, if you're looking for huge motivation or even small steps to help get you going in whatever direction you choose, this book has it all.
Thank you Brad for your honesty and not conforming!
on 22 November 2013
If your feeling your in a bit of a "rut" need some motivation, feeling deflated, need some direction I would highly recommend Brads book. But also if your well established doing well but perhaps need some fresh modern thinking again this is the book for you.

Its not structured in anyway like a lot of business books but this makes it a really easy going read perhaps on the train or in a coffee shop.

For me running my own business I was tending to do things that were the norm, i.e. doing what other do, because it felt safe and it worked for them. Brad gives new ways of thinking and gives you the confidence to step out with new ways of thinking and approaching business and life in general. This has helped me power ahead in my business and bring me where I am today.
on 17 December 2013
This Book Can Not fail to help you. It does not matter if you are a start up or in business 20 years or more.
It's a book you can go back to time and again.
on 10 December 2013
I first saw Brad Burton at the business start up show a few years ago- at the time I was unhappily employed. Was feeling mildly alienated by what I saw at the show but decided to go to one last thing- which was Brad- and I was blown away! Bought his book (GOYA 2) and was very moved by it. Now I am self employed and a member of 4N- his networking business. His books have been an influence on me and are my favourite books of this kind. Without him Moving Vision Motion Graphics might not exist- and where would the world be then?- (up s#'; creek thats where!)This book offers more of the same inspiration, laughs , practical, advice.
Recommended!
on 18 December 2013
If you need motivation or re-motivation - and don't we all at times - this book will do the trick. Fun, with plenty of "that's so true" and "I'm writing that down so I don't forget" moments, it shares many practical tips and lines that I'll always remember like "Experience is what you win when you lose." Each chapter has a page for notes on which I found myself scribbling furiously and can now apply to my own situation. Brad's candid style of writing, numerous practical hints and the experiences he shares really hit home. Laugh, cry and learn with this book - a thoroughly good read.
on 12 April 2014
Home truths, motivation, facts, experiences, knowledge, motivation, a workbook, inspirational and oh yeah...motivational. This book, is the first ever book i've read cover to cover (well on a Kindle). I'm 36. I've tried reading before, but i haven't got the attention span to follow it through. I finished this book, in 3 days!! Which for me is monumental. I just couldn't put it down. If you own, or want to set up your own business. If you've been in business for 20 years. Or you just want to get the most out of your life and your job. This book is for you. BRILLIANT. And if you ever get the chance to attend one of Brads Talks, or see him 4Sighting at 4Networking...DO IT!!
on 28 May 2014
I am going to start with me.. Why not! :o) - I am a professional/successful business performance coach that has read MANY MANY books on business. I would also like to think that I have gathered and consumed enough first hand knowledge about business in my ten years as a coach to write a book or two myself....

Now onto Brad and this book.. I am going list you several reasons why I highly recommend you should go buy and read this book today...

1. You will read it in one sitting
2. It's a REAL life perspective of what life is like as a business owner.
3. It's current, now and completely 2014 relevant
4. Not a single punch gets pulled.. I have a bloody nose to prove it.
5. Nothing is candy coated or tenderised - It's clear, straight talking and honest
6. If you own a business you will be in this book.
7. Common sense is not so common - But this book is packed with it.
8. You will learn as much about yourself as you will about business.
9. A business book with caterpillar cakes, fighter pilots and Jenga in it has to be worth read surely!!!!

35 years ago a wise man said to me "never learn from your mistakes, learn from someone else's, it's far less painful!" Brad has put together an opportunity to learn from his real life experiences of life as a business owner. My advice is don't miss this great opportunity to read Brad's straight talking, candid and sometimes brutally honest approach to how you should be thinking, acting and working as a business owner. Highly recommended.
on 19 May 2015
I blitzed through this in one sitting last night, as if compelled to keep up with Brad's breakneck tour de force on overhauling one's life. Yes, it is a pitch to budding business people but this latest instalment from the man who self-published previous titles like 'Get off your arse' and 'Get off your arse too', appeals to a wider set of values. He urges you to not waste time being distracted by your past or being put off by the haters out there. Or losing sight of what should really motivate you (clue: it shouldn't be money). He uses fourteen chapters with quirky and memorable headings like 'No passion. No point', 'It's only an ambush if you don't know its there' and (because he is still a businessman at heart), 'Buy my stuff/never trust a skint telemarketer'. Yes, he uses colourful language but he's no bully. This is raw emotion packaged in 204 pages. The man who openly admits to a near-marital breakdown on account of overwork, of depression, of drug taking, of losing loved ones who have left indelible marks on his psyche. His tale of redemption from a life on the dole and a tough upbringing in Salford, Manchester serves as a reminder that it doesn't matter where you are coming from, only where you are going to. He ventures into boot camp, tough love mode to shake you out of any stupor or denial you may have about becoming successful: He pooh poohs get rich schemes and encourages the taking of time, deliberately incurring scar tissue along the way without shirking from the failures that might beset the would-be entrepreneur. As the principal behind 4Networking, a thriving business networking business, this is no theoretical homily from a self-help enthusiast but a sparkling guide to check and hone your ability to be relevant to not just commercial pursuits but overall personal development too. A twitter enthusiast who encourages his readers to interact with him on the platform, Brad definitely deserves the hashtag #winning.
on 11 August 2015
I first met Brad at a seminar earlier this year. We told him that the only reason we were still at the expo was to hear him speak. He then invited us into his seminar early so we could avoid the queues (which is a lot more than anyone else did for us that day). His seminar was sensational, every word he said was genuine and really came from the heart; you can hear the passion in his voice. He spoke about how important it is to be yourself in business/life and not to conform to the template that is in front of you. He also told us about the hardships he has had to face in his life to get where he is now, and if he can do it so can we. I think the part that really hit home for me was when he spoke about loving the life you lead and not taking anything or anyone in your life for granted. Not once did Brad try and sell us anything during his talk (unlike any other seminar that day). But when a guy walked in with a cardboard box of his books at the end. There was a huge rush of people waving money at him. I finished the book today and I can honestly say it did not disappoint. Brad's book has inspired me and has kept me motivated to achieve my goals. But it has also reminded me what is actually important in life.

"...how much of Steve Jobs' personal billions do you believe he would pay you to get just one more day of his life? He'd give you the lot..."

"...do you reckon he'd spend that last day sat in front of an iMac, trying to work out the iPhone 7...Of course not."

A must read for anyone who is unhappy in life / business and wants to make a change; and you CAN make a change!

Thank you Brad.