on 30 October 2013
If like me you saw and heard the mighty Quo in 1976 you would know that they were on top of their game both live and in the studio. I remember being blown away by their sheer energy and VOLUME! Stacks of Marshalls and the PA on scaffolding up to the roof of the theatre. Now 37 years on you have the chance to hear the original line up that seemed an impossibility to get together after all these years, on stage! I was not disappointed and have now added the Quo live CD after having the original vinyl double album since 1977.
I would recommend this album to any genuine Quo fan.
Only regret that I missed them live this time.
on 14 December 2016
Superb band, my Husband and I saw this original line up twice, two years running, on this reunion Tour. Alan Lancaster sadly has MS, but he held it together well and did not disappoint his Army of supporters. It was lovely to see them put their differences aside and perform together again. This DVD is well worth the purchase price and we will treasure it forever.
John Coughlan the Drummer currently has his own band, John Coughlan's Quo, absolutely brilliant.
on 29 November 2013
Being at the Wembley Gig with my two brothers was deeply moving. The acoustic problems of the 'Tin Can' Venue were not addressed by the choice of using a Line Array System. Back in the mid '70's the three of us saw Quo and they used a Horn loaded Rig which had far better 'articulation and punch'. However : the sound on the DVD was taken from a 3-way mic split ....FOH mix, Foldback, Abbey Road recording feed. Now...listen UP ! If Abbey Road do something, it is PROPER. The sound on the DVD is outstanding. All the visuals/band/punters/interviews are excellent. If you love real Quo you will love this FANTASTIC product. xx
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 January 2014
One of the great's Status Quo having been a fan since the early 70's this is a must especially if like me you was unable to see The Frantic Four live. Just sit there with headphones on and you are there, the recording is top notch plus the added bonus of a cd. Buy it relive those early days all four members you could see enjoyed.
on 8 February 2017
I bought this for my hubby and he loves it he is a massive Quo fan and has watched it twice already.
on 12 December 2013
i saw quo many times in the 70,s mostly at the glasgow apollo where the original quo double live album was recorded in 1976. i never thought they would form again in the original frantic four format [personally i found some of the newer stuff limp and to bland} but this takes you back to when they could rock and STILL do it live. the only dissapointment for me is the ommision of roll over lay down {my 2nd fave quo song} but overall it rocks and shows the boys can still cut it i hear they are playing download next year but is the frantic four or the mainstream version ?
on 21 December 2013
As a 15 year old my first ever live concert was seeing Status Quo Live At The Glasgow Apollo in 1977
always been a dedicated fan..and though we have all gotten older i close my eyes and listen to this and
it's like a journey back in time..were all back there and nothing has changed they are still
" The Number One Rock And Roll Band In The Land ~ The Magnificent ~ Status Quo "
Superb DVD
on 17 July 2014
Manage to see the Frantic Four at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2013. . . . I never thought I would ever see the day when they would be playing together again. They work hard throughout and they deliver a superb performance with high energy in every song.
What can I say lads - thank you.
on 16 February 2017
enjoyed watching it
on 1 November 2013
As a fan of the original Status Quo line-up, this is par excellence.
They can only be fantastic playing together as the album proves !

I would definitely recommend this.