Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 24 November 2010
This record is literally a masterpiece, it is proof of The Knife's endless geniality. This deluxe edition makes it justice by adding a nice package and live content. Excellent purchase.
on 7 November 2013
A magnificent album in it's own right. Made even better with the inclusion of the concert, which is simply magnificent. Could be their crowning glory.
on 12 January 2007
These shy Swedish siblings have produced a very fine album. Silent Shout drifts smoothly through sinister melodies, enthralling vocals and while some may be turned off by this darker offering, a proper listen will uncover an addictive quality. The big tracks: Silent Shout, We Share our Mother's Health and Like a Pen will stand out early on, but the album's real beauty is uncovered when appreciated as a whole - not one for the mashed-up iPod playlist but definitely worth purchasing.
on 25 March 2008
having heard one song on KEXP, I was intrigued enough to find out about Knife--and remembered that the vocalist here did 'what else is there?'
All I can say is this is mysterious, dark and dreamy-the compositions and the things Karin does with her voice make her several cuts above the two chord flat-meandering s of many singers. ie She is brilliant!
More than awesome. much more
My only confusion is that there are listings of a 4 CD box-is this true?
I have the 3 disc
on 14 November 2006
I had never heard of The Knife until i heard Silent Shout. I loved the song so much that i bought the album. I'm not normally into electronica and i did take me a few listens to get right into. I absolutely love Marble House and Like a Pen. The only let down on this album for me is the vocals on The Captain, too high and it ruins a fantastic song. I love the experimental quirks of The knife.
on 26 December 2015
Everything is oke :-)
on 1 December 2015
amazing
on 24 January 2007
Right within a genre that I'd moved away from years ago, but this is calling me back.

Like many, silent shout (single) was the track that made me buy the album. Its a great start, but don't be put off if thats too far down the mainstream route for you. This album comes across as quite experimental, and for me.. it works!

Definitely an element of personal taste to this, unlike a previous reviewer, The captain makes all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I have to play it more than once!
on 7 August 2013
Great music, plus the concert and videos!!! This deluxe edition was the best option - everything in one place! I recommend this album to anyone.
on 9 June 2006
What a truly great album. The knife seem to bring together electronica and the steel drum sound of Jamaica with ease.

From track one you can hear glimpses of bjork, although done in a far more musical way.

If you like your music quirky, melodic and slightly off the wall, then from a synth point of view, this is the one for you!