on 28 August 2015
****I didn't actually purchase this model but the Avon (slightly more raised off the ground than the Kansas) I also purchased this directly through their website not through amazon but was so disappointed with their customer service felt I needed to warn people! ****

The product itself is fine, supports a heavy memory foam mattress and so far no problems. However when we received our bed frame (flatpack) beds and bunks had not supplied the right amount of screws, we were half way through making the bed when we realised this and attempted to use their online parts sending website. The website wasn't much use as we couldn't find the parts we needed, so ended up having to go out the next day and buy screws ourselves. I emailed beds and bunks to complain about not being sent the right stuff and about how unhelpful the instructions were (blurry grainy black and white pictures, poor wording etc)and about how not only were the screws we needed not listed on their website but that their contact phone number didn't work either. The reply i received was beyond rude, I was told that other people think the product is fine so they don't really care whether I was happy with it or not- they even basically stated that unless a load of other people complain they couldn't care less about my complaint. I was also told that the screws are on the website but under a different name (how on earth a customer is supposed to know this i have no idea!) and that I could have just used the other screws in the set as they are apparently the same type (again with no indication of this on the instructions) Now, I'm no joiner but I'm pretty certain that they were not the same screws as they looked completely different - different threading and size and head type! It was just the way the email was worded and the attitude of awful customer service portrayed within it that got me so angry at the company. Shouldn't companies care about every customer not just 8/10 of them?? Not at any point did strictly beds and bunks even appologies for not sending the correct kit out to us or offer to reimburse us for the screws we had to go out and get as a result of their shoddy packing. I replied to their first email stating that I was not satisfied with their response that basically "as long as most customers are happy we don't care that you are not and are not going to do anything about it" to which I never even received a reply and still haven't in the several weeks that have followed. As I have stated the product itself is fine when assembled, very basic but fit for purpose, but I would NOT recommend buying from a company who has such a blatant disregard for customers and customer service. Personally I would rather have spent a little bit more money and bought from a better company that actually values its customers and is happy to help when a problem arises not just fob you off. 0/5 from me! I have also reviewed them on their own website but as they run a screening process would imagine they wont be putting up bad reviews.
on 28 March 2014
I didn't expect a luxury item paying less than £90. I did however expect a product that was fit for purpose and this was not. Poor quality and incredibly noisy with the slightest movements.

But if you want to lie in bed at night scared to move in the fear of waking your poor partner for the hundredth time as you both suffer a rubbish nights sleep... then this is the bed for you.

Lasted three nights and requested a return.
on 2 October 2013
Solid and strong. Cheap, so to some extent you get what you pay for. Non varnished wood and sometimes a little challenging to put together but once up with a mattress just fine.
on 6 December 2013
This product is good quality, strong bed and nice looking but assembling it was quite difficult indeed. Bad instructions. I would buy it again as it look good and the it's good value for money but i suggest a better instructions with every single step printed and explained with quality pictures and not black & white photocopy.
on 1 May 2014
Didn't realise the bed was so low so have raised it a few inches as am disabled. also didn't realise the middle strut under slats needs supporting so not as strong as advertised but over all pleased with purchase andprice
on 4 March 2015
Really pleased with the bed. Delivery was narrowed down to a 2 hour slot and they kept to their promise. The bed came in one box and was relatively easy to put together. I assembled it on my own in 2 hours ( electric screwdriver essential). It fitted in the room perfectly and our new king size mattress fitted really well. The bed was purchased for our converted loft bedroom and was exactly what I wanted. The bed is very sturdy when assembled. Love it .....would recommend.
on 12 September 2015
Well...the frame structure is nice and sturdy...you will get what you can expect from the thick pinewood..functional, easy to assemble. The only problem was I ordered the King Sized frame 160cm x 200cm but the normal double bed 140x200 arrived instead...but no panic because if your flip the side bars you can still assemble the bed and put on the king sized mattress on....I didn't bother to send it back because it's was cheap and we needed a bed to sleep on.
on 10 November 2016
This is a very decent bed at a good price.
The parts were well machined and smooth and all drilled holes were accurate and no screws or fittings missing.
The instructions are clear and after 30 minutes to an hour, you will have a good solid bed.
This model has a decent clearance under the base - similar to the divan we are saying goodbye to - and therefore gives loads of room for storage.
I have modified the bed base at one end to accept my chosen bed-head - I added an extra strengthening bar below the frame as an additional point to mount my bedhead - all good.
on 17 April 2014
I use this frame in combination with a memory foam mattress and it just works; putting this together was easily done by myself alone.
on 22 November 2013
Great product, great price, excellent service. All as described, easy to assemble. Would be happy to recommend. Would use again.