on 7 November 2013
Sometimes an idea comes along that performers, great in their own right, might be even better together often because they try to outdo each other. It does not always work but in this case it does thanks largely to the fact that they seem to have enjoyed working together which must have made it easier for Wilberg to keep them working as one. It comes across. Both the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Bryn Terfel could easily hold their own with these pieces that, it has to be said, are not especially difficult for performers of their experience. Where it really works is where, if you listen to the choir on their own you may sometimes think that a different arrangement might be possible if there was just a good enough solo voice to carry it off. Well, they are here. Although Bryn gets the lions share of the solo voice, Sissel and Tamara Mumford also get their chance to perform.
I would give six stars if Sissel had been given more scope. If she was going to be on the recording anyway why not allow one of the finest and most versatile female voices of our time to contribute more. Sissel is so much more than Titanic. If you don't know her listen to Northern Lights as an introduction then explore her other work.
on 10 October 2013
The power of Bryn's voice and the huge sound of the choir is an amazing combination. I love to play this in the car (where I can join in the singing without embarrssment!). This is a really rousing and enjoyable collection that has a big 'feel good factor' about it, for me. Bryn's talents go from strength to strength. Excellent value for money CD. Highly recommended.
on 14 January 2016
one of our favourite singers always go to shows when he is in concert around our area came well packed in good condition. Thanks
on 3 October 2017
love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music also Bryn Terfel's voice, so together they make perfect sound
on 14 October 2013
Having been a fan of Bryn Terfel for many years I was looking forward to listening to this,
but thought the quality was not up to scratch and the general performance on this cd very much
below par. No I would not recommend it.
on 9 January 2015
A superb cd. I love the sound of the Mormon Tabernacle choir plus the orchestra and the voice of Bryn Terfel is just the icing on the sumptuous cake.

b
on 20 October 2014
Cannot believe anyone could have such a lovely voice either when he is singing or just speaking, that welsh lilt is lovely and the songs are good too
on 2 June 2017
GREAT but wonderful
on 2 January 2014
I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and was really excited to hear that our own Bryn Terfel had recorded with them. I was not disappointed with the CD. The artists performed wonderful songs together, some with arrangements I had not heard before. Would highly recommend it.
on 3 December 2013
I already have this C D recording and love it so I have bought this one for a Christmas present for a friend, who I am sure will enjoy it very much.