on 15 January 2016
This was absolutely useless, at my age it was too much to handle as the Kindle fire didn't clip into it and so, I kept on dropping it.
on 28 June 2017
Superb product can't fault it.
on 16 May 2017
Terrible case! Poorly made and doesn't fit properly. Sent straight back. Go for the speck case instead, its 10 times better.
on 14 July 2017
Opens from the top, when I would have preferred from the bottom ...?
on 20 July 2014
A perfect fit as expected, the correct case for the Kindle Fire HDX,
on 22 October 2015
Very good ,easy to use and protects my kindle .
on 12 January 2017
First time I've had a Kindle Fire am very pleased with both Kindle and cover.
on 18 February 2016
Very good case bit expensive
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case provides heavy weight protection for your Kindle Fire. The outer finish is a tough, matt finish polyurethane which looks like it will keep its rugged looks well, and inside the front cover (with the origami folds in place that you can see in the picture), there is a soft fabric to protect the screen. The Kindle Fire is attached by means of hefty magnets rather than being clipped in or held in place by little elastic straps at the corners as many of the cheaper cases are. This requires you to have faith that the magnets are strong enough to keep your Kindle in place come what may - I'm pretty sure they are, but I'm not going to risk my Kindle fire HDX by conducting any vigorous testing of this aspect of the case. The front cover folds back completely so it is out of the way when you are holding the Kindle, or else you can fold it into a stand which works in both landscape and portrait mode. The volume and power buttons are completely covered by the case but the buttons on the case which cover them work well, and the charging port and headphone socket are also readily available. There is no cut out for the camera, so it is completely covered when in the case, but you can slide the Kindle upwards slightly in landscape mode to expose the camera and flash. Sliding the Kindle in this way is supposed to activate the camera app on the camera automatically, but on my Kindle this function doesn't appear to work, although I've had two of the covers to try.
The case is a clever design and certainly different to what we've seen before. In my view, one of the best aspects of it is how easily the Kindle can be removed completely when you are holding it. The Kindle Fire HDX is so light and feels great in the hand, and this case changes things completely. All those magnets make it feel really heavy - all the advantages of being "lighter than air" are lost if you hold the Kindle encased in this.
This is quite an expensive cover, and you'll need to consider whether the extra weight, and the cost can be justified by the snazzy origami folds and the super strong magnets which keep your Kindle safe. It feels like a really sturdy, and good quality product which provides good protection for the Kindle but you'll want to bear in mind the pounds, in both senses of the word!
Not bought one of these before. I bought a Poetic case for my earlier 8.9" Fire which has a palm strap for holding the tablet in my hand or attached to my hand but let's face it the 8.9" Fires are heavier than the 7" ones too heavy for palm straps.. The palm strap of my Poetic case for 7" previous Generation tablet is forever in use

I thus decided to buy this case though it cost 25% of my weeks OAP pension.

I rarely drop my Kindles or Fires but I have dropped this HDX 8.9" three times already both inside the case and with the case folded over. No damage. In one incident the film carried on playing.

I did discover when once picking up the Fire in case that had fallen origami side down that I found I picked it up along with many silver / gold coloured jump rings attached. (Jump rings are used to attach charms to bracelets or to join up pieces of jewellery - some too small to pick up without tweezers). What a blessing this has been. So I now purposely place the Kindle Fire on the floor near my feet after a jewellery making session to collect all the tiny dropped ring scattered about - just brush off the rings and place it on the floor again where the rings lurk.

The case also as someone else said allows sound to reach my old ears very well. My other 8.9" tablet has to be standing upright in it's Poetic case otherwise it's sound is muted.

I can watch my films horizontally on this HDX 8.9" in the case but for vertically I take the tablet out of the case and put it in a stand.

I still think the price is too high though.