Customer reviews

GREAT ALBUM.
on 6 August 2017
nice
on 19 May 2017
Bought for my granddaughter. She is very pleased with gift.
on 7 June 2015
Absolutely love this album!! Perfect to drive too!
on 1 April 2014
I bought this as a gift for someone else. they said they loved it so that's pretty much all I can say about it. I don't know the band that well, though I have heard some of their songs on advertisements.
As for the buying experience A1!
on 2 June 2012
This album is quite simply one of the best albums released in years. Bursting at the seems with energy, creativity, fantastic melodies and imaginative touches, it is a stunning tour de force. Rarely have I ever come across a collection of songs so enjoyable and impressive. It absolutely blasts everything else out of the water. The fact that singer Alex Trimble is pleasant to listen to is a true joy compared to so many other bands, while the beauty and nimbleness of Sam Halliday's guitar playing is often spectacular.

A few years ago, I used to be sceptical about the state of modern music. But with this album, I am sorry I had to wait so many years for Two Door Cinema Club to arrive. Tourist History simply demolishes modern classics such as OK Computer - and nearly everything else out there today.

It's easy to write a downbeat set of songs, but it's actually a lot harder to write upbeat, positive songs that genuinely punch their weight. That's why this album is such a stunning success. It's a real treat for your spirits. I really admire the way this band have managed to harness the power of a positive attitude, creating a life-affirming album. I truly hope they get the recognition they deserve.

I actually bought this album after hearing 'This is the life', so if you want to get a good idea of what you can enjoy here, it's a good place to start. Looking at Tourist History as a whole, I'm not sure if this is better described as an album, or a manifesto of how modern music should sound. Every song on here is a winner - they are not just good, they are each individually brilliant.

If you thought contemporary music was out of ideas - buy this album. The music is as good as it has ever been! Thank you Two Door Cinema Club.
on 7 February 2011
AFTER SEEING TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB ON JOOLS HOLLAND I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO FINDING OUT IF THE REST OF THE SONGS ON THE ALBUM WOULD BE AS STRONG.

THE FIRST THING THAT STRUCK ME WHEN THE CD PLAYER CLOSED WAS THE ALBUM LENGTH - ONLY 32 MINUTES LONG FOR TEN SONGS.

AFTER LISTENING TO THE WHOLE ALBUM,ANY FEARS ARE DISPELLED.TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB WRITE SIMPLE,CATCHY SONGS THAT SUIT THE 3 MINUTE MARK PERFECTLY.SOMETIMES LONGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

THE TWO STANDOUT TRACKS "SOMETHING GOOD CAN WORK" AND "WHAT YOU KNOW" PERFECTLY ILLUSTRATE EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB.UPBEAT,INCREDIBLY INFECTIOUS LYRICS ALLIED TO GOOD MUSICIANSHIP.THEY REMIND ME OF THE MACCABBEES OR MAYBE EARLY FOALS.

AFTER A FEW LISTENS,THE ALBUM NOW FEELS LIKE AN OLD FRIEND AND NOT BECAUSE OF A LACK OF ORIGINALITY.

I WOULD DEFINITELY URGE YOU TO BUY TOURIST HISTORY,YOU WON'T BE SORRY.
on 23 August 2013
Every song on this album could be a single. They are all upbeat and happy songs, the type that make you want to dance around the kitchen all day.
The songs on Tourist History's guitar riffs coupled with the angel-like voice of Alex Trimble make for the perfect album. It grips you from start to finish.
The best song in my opinion is 'Something Good Can Work' which is catchy and fast-paced. The chorus is fun to sing along to due to it's speed and tongue-twisting nature.

This album is perfect for anyone, like me, who can't deal with slow music!
The only downside to this album would be the fact that all the songs sound the same, but I wouldn't call that a problem because the style that Two Door Cinema Club have come up with is unique and perfect.
I only wish there were more bands that sound as great as this one does!
on 28 February 2012
This album is one of he best purchases I have ever made, great album from this amazing band who are, well words don't describe how good they are. Too good. This album has 10 songs easily that could all be singels and be top every week of the year, convincing enough, great purchase. Only bad thing about this is it is too short
on 27 November 2012
I first discovered Two door Cinema club only recently after watching them online at Bestival 2012 and instantly like their sound so had a look on Youtube at some of the tracks from this album and just had to get it.

Recommending a certain type of band or music is like buying perfume for someone you've never actually met - a total shot in the dark, but if you like some of the stuff they have been doing recently then this album is really worth getting especially at the current Amazon prices.

My fav tracks have got to be (amongst others) 'Undercover martyn' 'This is the life' and the air guitar inducing 'What you know'.

I made me wonder why it has taken me so long to catch on.......?