Customer reviews

on 22 October 2014
I love discovering new music: I love to drink English, carefully crafted, cask conditioned ale: I love the sunshine. Last Friday, I combined all three. I had to buy this album as soon as I heard one track. Happy songs, sad songs, wistful songs, beautiful songs, this is a beautiful piece of work, and I love it!
on 4 October 2013
Found out about this in a blues magazine. Watched him perform a track on You Tube and I instantly decided to buy the album. He is a really good guitarist and singer and writes good songs. I particularly liked 'Love in the Afternoon', the opening track.
on 3 March 2014
This is th 3rd of the Martin Harley albums I have bought and it is easily up to the standard of the former. Good job Martin.
on 31 May 2015
Great band, amazed I had never heard of them before last week!
on 21 April 2010
This album is every bit as good as previous albums my favourite being 'grow your own'. I hope this album makes Martin Harley as he deserves it, if you have never heard of him or anything by him then get this album and give it a try. You will be soon tapping and singing along and best played loud, I like acoustic blues and love Kelly Joe Phelps,Eric Bibb and the more acoustic side of blues music. This album is well worth listening to and if you get chance go and see him, his solo tours are also brilliant.
4 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2010
Fantastic 4th album. Extremely talented guitarist and a gifted singer/songwriter. Lyrically this is his strongest album yet. Saw the band the other night in Newcastle, great show despite the poor turn-out. Anybody who has seen him live cannot understand why he has not made a bigger impact. Hopefully this album and continuing positive reviews in the press will give him the recognition he deserves. Stand out tracks for me are the title track, Automatic Life, Hand to Hold (with backing vocals from Thea Gilmore) and Winter Coat, but it really is an album that should be played from start to finish. If you like acoustic blues or americana generally, then you should buy this album, play it repeatedly, and tell your friends about it. Superb.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2013
Having always dug deep to unearth music not destined for mass approval I can't quite explain how Martin Harley has escaped my attention until now. I stumbled across his name whilst reading about John Butler. There is some similarity between the two; largely acoustic based folk / blues and Wiessenborn guitars. Much as I like JB Martin Harley is the stronger player, singer and songwriter. Check out the title track, Love In The Afternoon and Winter Coat on You Tube and introduce yourself to another unsung hero.
One person found this helpful