Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 30 May 2014
I absolutely loved this book you actually can feel for the characters and it's almost like your in that story as well. I have always loved reading her books and hopes she keeps them coming definitely 5 out of 5 from me.
on 15 September 2014
I really enjoyed this book. this is only the second book of Anne Bennett's that I have read but I shall now buy others.
A nice storyline. A book you can put down and when you pick it up again you are able to take up where you left off
quite easily as it's what I call an easy reader.
on 8 July 2014
ABSOLUTELY loved this book, found it very hard to put down and really REALLY want to know what happened next! Loved the people Anne wanted me to love, hated the bad guys - pitied her Father! Please Anne write a follow up
on 22 August 2014
This is a book which is easy to pick up , and then find it hard to put down. Anne is a wonderful storyteller, and love her books set in Birmingham, the places bring back memories of when I lived there.
You can't help but fall in love with Meg who has promised her mum on her dying death bed, that she will look after all her family. Poor Meg is only 16, and is wonderful to her baby sister who survived when her mum died from childbirth. War is approaching, and her world is torn apart when her father falls for another woman who is only interested in herself, and then circumstances tear her family apart.
I can't wait to read more of Anne's novels, this was the first one I have read of hers, and I wasn't disappointed!
on 21 June 2014
Another great book by Anne Bennett i really enjoyed it especially with the familiar places in Birmingham.
Also with Penkridge and Lichfield being in the book as both places i know
I look forward to her next book as once i start reading i cant put them down read this in three hours
on 3 August 2014
Wonderful, Wonderful, once again Anne Bennett has come up trumps. This is a spectacularly heartening story of the trials and tribulations of a young girl trying to do the very best for her family during the second world war.
on 19 June 2014
As has become expected Anne Bennett never fails to,write a good story combined with history either before, during or just after the Second World War. So enjoyable that once you start to read you cannot put it down until it is finished. Now have to wait for another.
on 1 July 2014
I enjoyed this book because of the unexpected twists and turns and how the story line evolved.
It held my interest throughout and I hated putting the book down.
on 16 August 2014
I do like Anne Bennett's books and this was a really fascinating read. I am from Birmingham so can identify with some of the areas mentioned too.
on 10 April 2015
Loved this book but the proof reading had been poor with many errors. Even so well told story of land army girl