on 15 April 2014
Not sure who selected the individual songs to put together but second cd weak at best variable quality of recordings becomes irritating after a couple of plays. Could only think that put together to make some cash where some loose copyright agreements in place. I would suggest better works by Pavarotti in the marketplace and to check out views. This mans voice is tremendous and worth buying but as a 2 set pack does not cut it for me .
5 people found this helpful
on 27 September 2017
Listening to Pavarotti is high on many peoples' list of life's greatest pleasures, and rightly so. CD1 contains 25 of opera's greatest works; it includes the duet Au Fond Du Temple from The Pearl Fishers, and the Three Tenors singing Nessun Dorma. CD2 is lighter, 18 Italian songs and one Lehar, some great, all good; the last 5 tracks with popular singers may be less appealing to some. If you are ever in need of cheering up, play these CD's, loud.
on 27 September 2013
Pavarotti at his best,a really good CD,good quality,very enjoyable,it will accompany me on many journeys,that is when I can play it at its loudest.
10 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2017
I bought this for my Nan as a present and she loved every track all the classic songs are on 2 disc highly recommended arrived on time and in good condition
on 3 February 2018
Hi super delivery item perfect condition.sounds supreme Very happy with purchase thanks very much appreciated
on 31 October 2013
I am not an Opera fan but found this CD relaxing and well worth the money. As a football fan, I had of course heard him sing Nessun Dorma many times. But listening to this CD made me recognise that some of Elvis Presley's songs are based on the arias that are on this CD, e.g. Its now or never = O solo mio, Surrender = Torna a Surriento.
on 11 June 2016
He's the man! As soon as he died the radio stopped playing him so much. I have to have his voice.
One person found this helpful
on 2 November 2013
Without doubt the greatest tenor ever and I include Caruso I do not think we will hear the likes of him ever again any opera buffs should buy this cd I bought it for my sister and I have listened to it with her and it's a different world ,a bargain price well worth the money ,you could not buy a meal for the price of this cd .
on 9 September 2017
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL ALBUM, ALWAYS BRINGS TEARS OF JOY TO MY EYES.
on 15 November 2016
Pavarotti...what can I say as nothing would do it justice. Absolutely brilliant and entrancing as always. I can listen to this all day long 24/7