on 28 March 2010
Before I brought this I had The Great Escape on DVD already so I brought it for the other two. The first one I watched was Battle of Britain and I was surprised by how good the planes and aerial combat scenes looked and the amount of great actors. It is a fitting tribute to the brave men of the RAF and tells the story well.

About a week later I watched A Bridge Too Far, like Battle Of Britain it is based on a real event, this time it was Operation Market Garden. The first bit is all about the build up and planning towards the operation, then it moves on to the battle for the bridges themselves, the action is phenomenal and A Bridge Too Far really tells you everything you would want to know about the operation and packs it into 2 hours 46 minutes of filming brilliance. Based on a book by Cornelius Ryan, who wrote The Longest Day, I prefer this to The Longest Day as it is in colour and every single detail is captured and not a single scene is wasted. As well as this it has one of the best casts put together in a war film ever, even in little parts there are very famous actors.

This is a bargain buy and each film is as good as the last, they are all based on true events all have brilliant musical scores and all have excellent acting. If you haven't seen them yet or like me have only seen one before I would highly recommend this set.
on 27 October 2017
Had seen all the film's before but my DVD of "A Bridge too Far" was damaged so needed new one! These are classic well made war movies which, I think, all war movie buffs should & possibly do have. I liked them being on 3 separate discs & not allowed bundled onto 1 disc.
on 11 July 2017
up dating some of my DVD collection with Blu-ray for better sound and picture Quality the disc are in very good condition and great price
on 11 January 2018
Perfect gift to any war film-loving fan! 3 amazing films for one great price! Highly recommended
on 1 January 2018
Wonderful perfect gift fro dad
on 25 July 2017
3 for the price of one...
on 12 January 2018