Size: 500|Change

on 23 September 2013
I decided to buy this product because I had been successfully taking PhD Creatine Monohydrate and wanted something much cheaper that was equally effective.

What is Creatine:
For anyone who hasn't heard of Creatine before, it's a naturally occurring amino acid that helps supply energy to muscle cells. Although you can buy a lot of different sports 'supplements', Creatine is actually one of the widely researched and possibly effective supplements know when used in conjunction with an effective training and nutritional plan.

How much to take and when:
The manufacturer recommends taking 5g (1 tea spoon), 4 times a day for 5 days (loading phase) and 2.4g - 3g daily indefinitely (maintenance phase). However research has shown that taking if for 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off is equally as effective and puts less strain on your liver and kidneys (it will also save you money!). Research has also shown that taking it dissolved in 250ml of fruit juice (preferably grapefruit juice) makes it absorb 60% better.

Results:
After taking the product I find that I can lift about 10-20% more (depending on which exercise I do),for example my squat gains are about 20% more but the bench press was is only 10%). Not only can I lift more but I can do 1-2 more reps per exercise. All my muscles look noticeably bigger (my arms & chest muscles squeezed nicely against my T-Shirt to make it look tighter) and I feel a lot stronger inside even when I'm not in the gym. It is an awesome feeling.

Side affects:
Although I have had a couple of side effects with normal Creatine Monohydrate (calf muscle cramps, stomach bloating and digestive issues) I have not had any with this product (This product is Micronised which basically means smaller particles). It is recommended that you drink plenty of water when you are on it and cycling off it (I weigh 13st 0lb and I drink 5 litres a day).

Verdict: Highly Recommended - Equally effective as the more expensive brands.

(I would recommend discussing taking this with your Doctor before buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking any medication).

Feedback:
If you wish to leave feedback on this review please follow the link below - thanks.
on 8 September 2013
The creatine is naturally occurring substance involved in ATP energy production and since an additional creatine supplementation has been shown to increase the supply of ATP for short anaerobic bursts - this is a great product for people who are lifting weights (or bodybuilders).

Bear in mind that creatine can draws fluid from outside the muscle cell spaces into the cell, making it appear larger, but that also means that you can easily become dehydrated (without really knowing it -> you will simply get a lot of cramps). So drinking a bit more water (than usual) during creatine cycle is a must.

Dosage:
Example 1:
If you are beginner you may start with a loading phase: 4 x 5g doses a day (for about 5 days) will do the trick, and then later switch to the maintenance phase -> 2-5g daily (for about 4-6 weeks). Bear in mind that body has a ceiling on the amount of creatine that it will store in the muscles, so there is no point of taking more of it, as it will not continue to load in the muscles. I would suggest not going over 5g in the maintenance phase as this will simply be a waste of money (2-3g seems to be most optimal).

Example 2:
Since creatine levels will be maintained in your muscles for about 3 weeks another way to do it is to cycle on and off (rather than using the loading and maintenance phases). Start with a dose of 5g per day for about 6 weeks (it will take longer to reach saturation levels compared to the loading dose, but the end results are virtually the same). After that, stop taking it for about 3 weeks, and start again with another "cycle".

On the other hand I know that some people have been taking it for about 1-2 years without any "breaks" - but please do more further research if you want to try that route. Personally I wouldn't go this way, because it can prevent your body from creating it naturally for a while - so you should probably cycle off once in a few weeks.

I've tested both of above examples, and most of the time I'm going with the second one (if you would prefer to have faster results, go with the first one). I've been using this product for the past few weeks: 4-6 weeks on, 2-3 weeks off, about 5g per day, and I have to say that it is working as expected (cannot really see a difference between this product and other more expensive ones).

Results:
As to be expected. During the first 3 weeks, I've probably added about 2-3kg (about 4.5-6lbs) to my bodyweight, and few kilograms to my bench press and squats. Nothing shocking about that to be honest, as this is to be expected. I also have more energy during the training sessions. Please note that this effect won't be repeated very often - and that the best results are seen at the beginning of the "cycle".

For a bit better results, try mixing 5g of creatine with 5g of taurine. Optionally you can also add 5g of glutamine (however - assuming that you are taking some protein powder every day or eat a lot of meat - you probably getting enough of glutamine with it).

Other info:
There were no problems with delivery: fast, efficient with good packaging. I will definitely buy it in the future.
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2013
I've been using creatine for a long time, off and on, and have always gotten positive results with it. It is a strong and useful protein that truthfully is found in the diet routine for all body builders. It is found in these locations naturally, but it becomes depleted in individuals whom are heavy in weight training or endurance training.

It is a supplement that will increase your muscle size or strength drastically, and it does give you that extra edge when it comes to recovery and muscle fatigue. For me, its a core part in my supplementation routine. No need to really cycle it either and given the amount you get for the price, its very realistic for the avg. to take this stuff year round.

For lifters, I suggest looking into MMP too; M.M.P. Bodybuilding Supplement + FREE D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams Its another one of those nonessential amino acids and it plays a pretty big role in nitrogen balance and metabolic processes - which translates into a massive amount of blood being shot into your muscles once contracted.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 August 2016
This is a 500g bag of pure, synthetic creatine. The human body naturally produces small amounts of this substance, and it helps to supply energy to our muscles. Studies have shown that, for some people at least, an increased intake of creatine can result in muscular hypertrophy. As such, it's often taken by people engaged in fitness activities - e.g. weight-lifting.

The pack is filled with powdered creatine - and there's a tiny scoop to measure how much you're intended to take. This powder is tasteless and can be mixed with most drinks. I've added it to a range of liquids, from milk to Pepsi Max, and it's always edible.

I typically take a lot of creatine for one week in a four week period, followed by a week of taking a moderate amount; and two weeks of taking none at all. I tend to take this alongside a protein supplement (Nutricia Casilan 90 - 250g) and I have noticed positive results. As such, I can recommend this product.
on 21 June 2016
I brought a different version of Creatine a couple months ago and to be honest I was happy with them ( I thought!) I brought these and it made me realise my other brand was not as nice as this!
These actually dissolve in water, my previous did not actually fully dissolve at all and as a newbie I thought this was ok but these have shown me I was not getting good value for my money.
There is nothing I can say about Creatine that many don't already know. It does help and it is worth it.
I have not tried the cycling on and off thing but on the net it states on many sites you do not need to do that.
There is no fancy packaging just a bag full of the good stuff, well worth it and cheap too.
on 14 July 2016
I purchased this Creatine approximately 6 weeks ago. The item arrived quickly and well packaged.
The Creatine itself has a very slight flavour and I use to mix either with water or milk for pre/post workout shakes and it mixes easily.
Since taking Creatine I feel I have more energy when lifting when I take pre workout and this has helped me lift heavier weights.(5kg more in some compound moves)
I have gained approximately 1 lb in weight which is not as much as others but I think this is because I get high amounts in my diet (fish, beef etc)
I have had no side effects of taking it and have not felt bloated or constantly thirsty as I drink 2 to 3 litres of water per day any way.
This product won't turn you into Arnie overnight but helps provide a great energy boost to get those extra gainz.
on 21 July 2012

Dosage:
Example 1:

Example 2:

Other info:
55 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2016
Excellent stuff, just pure creatine.

I googled the best quantity to take for my weight and didn't bother with loading and the result have been great. I did always consume it with plenty of protein and some carbs though.

Don't waste money on fancy packaging or marketing. This stuff is 100 pure so just the same as the most expensive alternatives.

I'm lifting slightly more and for slightly longer on this stuff.
on 30 July 2015
Great product. I'm not a big weight lifter, I'm a mixed martial artist and do mostly body weight exercises with a lot of Olympic style wrestling each week. This product has really upped my bodies ability to push itself a little bit further, which has led to an increase in size and speed over just a month and a half. Just ordered another kg of it.
on 8 February 2015
If you're here then I assume you know what creatine does. If you're bodybuilding then you need this stuff. This is micronised so it mixes well. It will only dissolve in hot liquid, but that's true of all creatine. I take 5g everyday and I've had no trouble with it at all.