Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 October 2015
Very Happy ty :)
on 5 November 2014
I love this box set I already have both the DVDs but wanted to buy them on blu-ray so I could have them in a special format
on 14 June 2014
I'd already watched it so I bought it for my sisters- we now watch at least one episode every evening
on 12 January 2014
Love love love this series. Arrived in plenty of time and packaging was appropriate for the contents. Overall very happy with product, service an communication
on 16 December 2015
I am almost at season 3 on Netfilx and this is a good coffee time viewing that has been expanded on greatly by the imagination of the writers. The main characters, most of them fairy tale folk from an enchanted land each evolve through visits back to before the time of the curse set upon them by a vengeful queen. As time goes on the daughter of Snow White returns to Storybrooke where her son she gave up ten years before goes about trying to explain to her what the town is really a out and her part in breaking the curse. The character archs are colourful and expansive, there are a myriad of alternate fairytale characters that pop up either through magic portal of travelling hat. It keeps it fresh and interesting. The fairytale storyline which is visited often is well made, some fabulous special effects to create the feel of that world make this something I continue to enjoy on a daily basis.
on 31 August 2014
Love this program.
If you love Disney and fairy tales it will be something you really enjoy. Its captivating, with stand out performances from Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin and Lana Parilla as the Evil Queen. They are simply fantastic and you can't help but love them and sympathise with them even though they're meant to be the bad guys! I even got my mum addicted to this to the point where we both couldn't wait to find out what happened next, so we were watching a few episodes in one sitting.

This program has also helped change our opinion of the the princess Snow White. We have always considered her our least favourite princess but thanks to Ginnifer Goodwin shes really gone up in our estimations. In Once Upon a Time Snow is a kick ass, sweet as cherry pie little fighter that we rather love!

So if you love shock plot twists, fairy tales and a bit of fantasy this is the program for you.
Simply cannot wait for the dvd release of season 3 and live in hope another tv channel will pick it up.
on 16 October 2013
I started watching this series when i caught a glimpse of it's teaser trailer on Channel 5 3 years ago. It began with an interesting first episode and grew into quite an interesting first season. Althought the quality wavered throughout it the strong characters portrayed by a brilliant cast (especially Lana Parilla as Regina) made it watchable all the way through. With occasional moments of brilliance it was evident this was a series that was going to grow into something special and i was willing to watch the second series.
The opener to the second season was very strong and great star to the new series. Again the quality wavered but with more entertaing episodes. However the vast majority of the second half was incredible boasting dark turns, shocking twists and OUAT finest episode 'The Miller's Daughter'. All this build to a conclusion which promises to take the show in a completely different direction. So whilst the show isn't perfect as a whole it's certainly moving towards it. I haven't given away any of the plot as i feel people new to the show will appreciate the show more without any spoilers. This show is my guilty pleasure and i reccomend it to any one.
22 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2014
saw a trailer for this series on another dvd and like the look of it, so i brought it as its within the genre i like, i absolutly love it, u form a connection with each character, and the way the story line has been arranged, jumping back and forth in time, its packed full of twist and turns and plenty of surprises, cant wait for season 3
on 20 November 2013
I heard about once upon a time via tv commercial and planned to watch it , but i missed the first season . So i looked about found series one and from the 1st episode was hooked. It has to be one of the best tv programmes i have seen in a while. Robert carlyles portrayal of Rumplestiltskin is phenomenal and Lana Parilla as the Evil Queen was an epic choice of casting.
on 4 February 2016
A very clever show which has enough twists, mystery and action to keep me hooked. Great acting and great characters. Recommended.