Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£41.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 December 2013
Castle is one of my all time favourite shows and certainly one of the best to come out of America. The chemistry between the two leads is unbeatable and the comedy aspect which counter-balances the more serious storylines makes this a must have for any lover of buddy type cop shows.
on 26 July 2015
Great watching
on 17 January 2014
Obviously if you are thinking of buying seasons 1-5 of Castle you're already a fan of the show, so I'll focus on the quality of the box/DVD cases, fortunately while the cardboard of the display box is rather thing, the individual series all come in separate plastic DVD cases, DVDs are well secured, with excellent space management.
on 14 December 2013
A must have for any crime fan! A fantastic mix of comedy and drama with great acting, scripts and one liners. Totally unmissable! Miss out at your own peril!
Sub-titles are:

Season 1: English / English for the hearing impaired/ French / Italian / German / Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish / Icelandic / Portuguese / Dutch / Turkish / Arabic.

Season 2: English / English for the hearing impaired/ French / Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish / Icelandic / Portuguese / Dutch.

Season 3: English / English for the hearing impaired/ French / German / Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish / Icelandic / Portuguese / Dutch / Russian / Ukrainian

Season 4: English / English for the hearing impaired/ French / Italian / German / Castilian Spanish / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish / Dutch.

Season 5: English / English for the hearing impaired / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / German / Norwegian / Spanish / French.
on 12 June 2014
I picked up the first season of Castle following a recommendation on a website as I was looking (once again) for a worthy follow-up to Monk, which I enjoyed immensely. That first season quickly became a birthday gift and I went back to get the whole shabbang. I consider myself a discerning viewer, but that's how good this show is.

Now, to preempt the cynicism - as a police procedure show, this obviously has the same trademarks as many others of its kind. However, the differences here are a) the writing, b) the characters and the actors personifying them and c) that blend of humour and drama that made Monk such a fantastic show. To me, Castle did not just follow up Monk, but also Lie to Me, X-Files, Scrubs and perhaps a half dozen other shows (including, to an extent, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly, since main actor Nathan Fillion is a Joss Whedon veteran). The supporting cast is excellent and the writer's provide depth to each of the characters without becoming tedious or condescending.

I expect three things from a good TV show: 1. I want to be entertained, 2. I want to be surprised (and that happens less and less often) and 3. I want to engage with the characters on a personal level. Castle does all of this, not least of which via the alternatively super-cool and super-nerdy character of rich, bestselling novellist Richard Castle. The characters of his family are larger-than-life and overdrawn, yet still ring true and, above all, are supremely likeable. The same applies to the cop side of the team, where (at least to me) hitherto unknown Stana Katic slowly but surely draws viewers in with a very individual mix of humanity, dead-pan humour and grim determination.

To make a long review short: I deeply care about these characters, I hugely enjoy the individual episodes and I cannot wait for more. 'nuff said.
on 13 December 2013
I liked what I'd seen of Castle on TV, but I'd missed season one, which is good to see so you know how the detective/writer pairing was formed, and how the Beckett/Castle relationship evolved.

The reason I bought this box set was that (at the time of writing) we were only mid season 3 on UK TV, whilst the program was on season 6 in the states. I didn't want to wait, so set acquired, and it's been great.

If you've not seen the series, it has flavours of Moonlighting (are you old enough to remember that show?) and The Mentalist. You have the civilian following the cop solving crimes (like The Mentalist), with a will they won't they romantic aspect like Moonlighting had.

The storylines do get more fanciful as you work your way through the series, but generally they're well written and acted, with gentle humour. Just don't take it too seriously, otherwise you'll question how a nine stone women in heels can out muscle and beat up gangsters etc.

Good fun series, and lots of content. If you're a real addict of the show, there's also lots of extras on the DVDs. Enjoy.
on 23 December 2013
I love my castle and I hive really been looking forward to watching this season 5, to me they are a pleasure and enjoyment to watch. I no it’s a long time for the DVD season 6 to come out, but I cannot wait and I am really looking forward to watching that season.
Thanks Del
All the stories have such different plots, it is amazing that I have not yet seen one story that mirrors another. The humour is delightful, the characters are so well matched, the mother (what a lady she is), the daughter anyone could be proud of, she in fact appears to be the parent whilst Castle is the naughty little boy. I cannot get enough of the programme. Well worth watching.
on 27 December 2013
If you enjoyed the Rockford Files then you will like Castle.
Excellent crime stories with funny dialogue. Well cast.
Love it