Price:£8.19+ £4.62 shipping

on 5 January 2014
We recently purchased this for a Christmas present for our five year old son. We both have fond memories of playing the game when we were younger. I can remember holding the tweezers and holding my breath as I tried to extract some peculiarly shaped plastic organs from the patient. The slightest quiver of the hand and you would both light up the patient's nose and sound the dreaded buzzer which would then haunt you for the next thirty six years. Sadly there have been a few changes. Remember the elastic band that you could never remove from the leg ? Well that's gone. Gone too is any requirement of skill or indeed of luck. The game has been made ridiculously easy. When my son completed the game in under three minutes on his first go I assumed the batteries were dud but no such luck. It is almost impossible to sound the buzzer as the holes are much larger and the objects far easier to pick up. On the rare occasion that you do trigger the buzzer (lights off, hold tweezers with your toes) then you won't hear it if more than two people are talking quietly in the background. Unfortunately we have found this game a complete waste of money. I would recommend it only for children under four and unless I can convert ours into some kind of drinking game we will be donating it to our three year old niece. If like me you are clinging on to memories of the past do not click purchase or you will be left disappointed. And don't get me started on Buckaroo......
on 6 October 2013
I bought this thinking that it was the game I used to play when I was a child. NO IT'S NOT! The holes are big and the pieces are all easy. My 9 year old was bored 5 mins later but my 4 year old could get all the parts out without it buzzing. I would say that it would be good for a 2/3 year old to develop manual dexterity. I will pass it on to my 2 year old niece.
on 4 December 2014
Very poor imitation of the original game we all knew as kids.

I recall the original was by MB Games? Presumably Hasbro must have bought them out over the years (with all the money they made off the back of the transformers movie/toys!). Can't believe the original version isn't even available anymore. Why buy the rights to it and then release this excuse of a 'game'?

As other reviewers have said, the original had bones and organs to remove plus a tiny elastic band. There was an element of strategy to the game leaving the tricky ones to the end.

This is just too easy to complete. After a couple of games the kids won't want to play it again.

It doesn't even buzz loudly. If you only graze the side of the hole, you get a pathetic whimper of a buzz and the nose hardly lights up. You have to keep the tweezers pressed against the side for several seconds for it to build up to a full buzz! The original felt like it was wired up to the mains by comparison.

And what's with the holes placed in random parts of the playing board? You are supposed to be a surgeon conducting an 'operation' to remove items from his BODY. Of the 11 holes, only 3 are on his actual body. The rest are scattered across the bed, and you get to remove items such as a play station controller, mobile phone, headphones, skull & crossbones.

What a load of old tosh. Maybe kids who never played it before might be entertained for 5 minutes. But then it will be straight off to the charity shops after Boxing Day. You may as we'll pick one up from there rather than spend £15 on this. You'd feel better giving £5 to children in need, and then spending the other £10 down the pub congratulating yourself that you didn't buy this game.

Why do they destroy what used to be a best selling game back in the day? It's not difficult to keep it the same. I can't understand it. Maybe it's health and safety because the original was too 'scary'. It makes me angry! In case you couldn't tell.
on 27 December 2013
This was a Christmas present to my 8-year old daughter - we spent all of 5 minutes playing with it because it has been made far too easy. The holes are much bigger than in the game I remember playing at her age so there is no challenge to getting the pieces out. I would not recommend it for anyone over 5.
on 24 January 2014
Rubbishy plastic pieces and huge openings making it way too easy to remove the pieces. All pieces can be picked out easily even by small children without the buzzer going off. Game over in about 2 minutes. Wish I could return this rubbish game which is a complete waste of money!
on 22 March 2014
This game is alright but not as good as the original I had many years ago as the pieces now are much easier to get out as the holes are larger so it is much easier to play and the noisy nose doesn't go off many times. My girls are enjoying the game at the moment at age 5 and 6 years but don't think they will be bothered when a little older.
on 25 December 2014
Absolutely terrible if you've played the original and still absolutely terrible even if you haven't. The suggested age range is 4+ but I would think that only under 4's would find this any sort of challenge. I guess if you were blind drunk it might also be fun.

This dumbing down of a classic makes me want to grumble about the state of the world today. I won't though ... or did I just?

Picket Hasbro, this is unacceptable. 0/5.

Merry bloomin' Christmas.
on 4 January 2014
Present for 6-year-old, which I really wanted to play too as I had it as a child. So disappointed though. The holes are too big, which makes it far too easy to get the bits out. Even my 3-year-old could manage it. Game was over in minutes.
on 29 April 2014
This is not the same game as the one I played as a child! The game has been made so very easy by the widening of all the cavities. My 8 year old daughter and I played once, found it boring as there is no jeopardy, and it has been boxed up in the corner since. What a let down !
on 15 April 2014
Not how i remembered this game as a child..... the body parts are plastic and very small. Not played with very much unfort

See one answered question