Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.34

on 14 January 1998
In Moonheart, Charles de Lint proves himself to be one of the best urban fantasy authors. This book blends Celtic & Native American folklore with "real" life situations. The narrative grabs ahold of you from the onset and never lets go. The only regret I had was when I reached the last page of the book, and I realized I had reached the end. In all, it is one of my favorite all-time stories, and one that can, and should, be read time and time again without losing its magic or flavor.
on 16 July 1999
10 years ago, a friend handed me a copy of MOONHEART with the command, "Read this...NOW!" I did and I've been hooked on Charles deLint ever since. Some parts of his work makes me wonder if he has a magic window that lets him see into my life. Charles is also very kind to his fans and WILL respond to email as much as he is able, which makes him one of the really good guys. Looking forward to his next book, -Forests of the Heart-
on 12 September 1999
This was the first ever Delint book I bought and I'm still not sick of reading it. This man is one of the few writers who take you along on a rythm into his tale. The writing is lyrical, taliesin is totty and the story is just plain magic. There are a lot of awfully clever ideas in here, the house spirit being just one of them. I particularly like the ordanairiness of the characters in oppose to some god awful black dressed vampire wanna be stumbling into a crypt at night and discovering elves after three spliffs and a pint, which is what some urban fantasy tends to be. if there was more stuff like this on the market, more books would sell.
on 18 January 2000
I bought this book several years ago, and I think I've read it something like 20 times by now and have recommended it to countless friends. That should really say it all! The characters are wonderfully flawed and human, and there's more than enough twists to the tale to keep the reader well hooked. I recently lost most of my paperbacks in a flood; this will be the first one I replace.
on 30 October 1997
This was the first De Lint I discovered, and I still feel that it is his finest work. His adept blending of contemporary Ottawa, music, magic, Celtic mythology as well as Native beliefs are what give this book its multi-level appeal. This novel was my first foray into the "urban faerie" sub-genre of fantasy, and led me to a number of other fine novels. If you like De Lint, I would suggest: Tam Lin by Pamela Dean
War For the Oaks by Emma Bull
Waking the Moon by Elizabeth Hand
and the Borderlands Series by Terry Windling and Ellen Datlow.
on 31 January 1997
As the first Charles De Lint book I discovered, Moonheart
turned De Lint into a favorite author of mine forever. His
characters are diverse and likeable, female characters are
never wimps, and he weaves mythologies of several cultures
together deftly.
I've been devouring books since I was a small child, and
my first taste of Moonheart sent me back to the bookstores,
special-ordering everything that could be acquired by De Lint.
If you enjoy fantasy fiction - the kind you can't put down,
Moonheart is a must-have!!
on 10 September 2013
It's been years since I last read this. Parts of it, like Tamson House, have stayed as a comfort and a springboard in my mind. The twists and turns and the sheer pace have been a joyous journey of rediscovery. Thanks so much to Charles de Lint for reissuing this in e format. Also thanks for publishing the fantasy mag as a download too. I look forward to reading a lot more de Lint.
on 19 October 2013
I'm leaving this as 5 stars for the story which has been a favourite of mine for a long time. I recently bought the Kindle version which has quite a few editing errors which are very annoying. Spaces between words are missing and whole sections suddenly have a much wider left margin which makes the line length about 8 words.

If you can get the paperback I'd recommend sticking to that.

***** edited review

I've managed to stick with the errors for a while but now I've had enough and will be returning it. This many errors in a cheap book would be annoying; in a full priced one it's not acceptable.
on 7 June 1999
Moonheart was the very first deLint book(and contemporary fantasy book) that I'd ever read. It's still only surpassed in genre by Neil Gaiman's work, and de Lint has never risen to this level again(except maybe with The Little Country). When work of this type has this kind of quality, it has a sense of true magic in the ordinary. That is what flows out of this book in torrents. From the beloved characters to the sense of wonder behind every corner and the sheer vision of this piece of literature, Moonheart has earned a place on my favorites list and in my heart.
on 23 March 1998
De Lint has long proven that he is the master of contemporary fantasy. MOONHEART was the first of De Lint's books that I read and it hooked me. I now eagerly await every new book that he puts out, and actively collect fantasy compilations that include his short stories. I highly recomend this book to any who believe that there is still an air of mystery and fantasy to the world.