on 11 May 2015
This is the second in a series of Ethan Justice novels written by Simon Jenner. I loved the first one so much that I contacted the author to pass on my regards. He recommended that I read the next two instalments, which I promptly did and its not let me down. In fact I think I like this more than the first one! It has the right mix of detective, psychological problems and how to be right up my street without being too far fetched. Brilliant read, would recommend to anyone :)
on 25 August 2013
The 2nd Ethan Justice book is just as good as the 1st. Full of thrilling action and suspense. Superbly written, making you love.....and hate, some of the characters. I look forward to the next instalment.
on 7 November 2013
Ethan Justice- Relentless is the gripping, tension building, white knuckle ride sequel to Ethan Justice Origins that takes you on a nail biting, edge of the seat journey as we once again follow the daring exploits of the hero and heroine of the series, Ethan Justice and Savannah Jones.
Ethan and Savannah are now Private Investigators in Justice Investigations with two new clients, one a mother with a missing daughter, the other their landlord, Richard Windal.
The scene is set, add a manipulating, delusional and sadistic killer, many other colourful and larger than life characters, good and evil, pursuit and flight, amazing gizmos and gadgets, love and some laughs and we have the compelling and exciting read that is Relentless.
I loved this thriller. A great second in the series and look forward to reading more from this talented author.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 November 2013
Ethan Justice and his work partner and on-off girlfriend Savannah Jones are working with Herb Johnson from an organisation called Earth guard. Johnson seems to have finances and technical wizardry at his fingertips, some if which Justice and Jones are given to use. They are up against a sick-minded criminal Uber-villain who is behind the disappearance of a young girl the pair have promised to find.

This is a high octane action story, the second in its series, and twists a number of story strands together. I very much enjoy Justice as the unlikely hero and Jones as the surprising heroine. I loved her effect on his previously unyielding parents in this book! Lovers of the thriller genre will quickly engage with this series. I enjoyed it a lot.
on 3 November 2013
Fast and pacey as the first (Ethan Jusctice #1) but this one has a darker and more disturbing plot. The chief bad guy dispatches anyone he takes dislike too in very macabre ways and mostly for his own sick pleasure. He and his perverted organisation need dealing with and this is how the plot unfolds over the course of a long weekend.
The main character's (Justice / Jones / Johnson) have been developed further and Justice's parents also play more than just a cameo role this time.
There is humour and sarcasm interjected too. "The coats are for you, standard issue, ...... perfect for those chilly days when there's a chance of heavy gunfire". That line still makes me laugh. I don't want to give too much away. Just buy it and read it. I'm looking forward to Ethan Justice #3.
on 7 July 2013
This was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

A great start and in the same style I loved from Ethan Justice: Origins, it helps you really get to know the antagonist as the the protagonists Ethan Justice and Savanna Jones go about their business.

Savanna and Ethan find themselves in increasing amounts of trouble during a case of a missing thirteen year old girl Amy. The quickly find out that this was only a small part of a much larger case that leads them into much deeper trouble than they first expected and have them both fighting for survival. Ethan is faced with having to protect his family and Savanna whilst trying to bring Windal's criminal activity into the open and saving lots of other young girls from a pedofile ring in the process.

There are some swearing, violence and gory scenes in this novel, but I don't think it detracts from the novel at all. I think that this book can be read as a stand alone novel too, so if you haven't read the first one, then it doesn't detract from this one at all.

Having read the first novel, I noticed how much Savanna and Ethan have changed over the course of the series, but it's not essential to have read the first one as they both change a lot just over the course of this book alone too. There is a good solid plot in this novel that keeps you wanting to read more, it is faced paced and a fantastic read. Whether you have read the first novel or not, it is worth buying this and you won't be disappointed.
Relentless, the next in the Ethan Justice series of books started off great and then just got better and better. If anything I liked it better than the first one (always a good sign for things to come!) and once more we have a terrific adventure, peppered with humour, drama and of course a dark side...

This instalment finds Ethan and Savannah investigating a missing person and an underage sex ring and finding themselves in all kinds of trouble as usual. Once again Ethan finds himself facing a psychopath of epic proportions and in a deadly battle it is unclear which of them will emerge victorious...

I really enjoyed this yet again - although I'm going to have to have words with Mr Jenner if he persists in writing stuff that keeps me up all night - it was worth the rather accident prone day that followed whilst I wandered around sleepy eyed. Some dark yet current topics were covered in this novel, I would say in a realistic way. I love both Ethan and Savannah - a dynamic duo if ever there was one. Fast paced and unpredictable with a few twists in the tale its perfect summer reading. The bad guy is terrifically bad, the good guy is rather inept at times which makes for some highly hilarious moments and I look forward greatly to many more adventures.
Thank you Mr Jenner for allowing me to read and review this book!
on 2 September 2013
Having read Ethan Justice: Origins [ASIN:B0087S6AA6 Ethan Justice: Origins (Ethan Justice #1)] last year whilst on holiday and being suitably impressed I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of Relentless. Needless to say when I did it did not disappoint.

Once again it was all-out action from the start. The intro was brief, basically a continuance of the previous book, and had Relentless been available at the time it would have been nice to read them back-to-back. The pace was terrific and with no lulls in tempo it kept me reading and reading wanting to start new chapters to progress as fast as I could.

The storyline was well planned (very different) and the new characters were introduced gradually with each having their own unique traits which fitted very well within the plot. As such they were believable and you could relate to their part in the story.

There was no "story within a story" it was one thread throughout and was so gripping I could not put it down. It only kept me going for two to three days of my holiday as I continually wanted more and more of the book and now I just hope there is a third installment because if it is as well written as the other two it will be fantastic.

I can't remember the last time I read a book/books which had me so enthused that I had to write a review but having read a little background on Simon Jenner and his struggle to get his name 'out there' I think he deserves recognition for his efforts.

Good luck Simon and looking forward to more from Ethan Justice!
on 17 July 2013
On the basis of the first Ethan Justice book a few months ago, I was primed to pick up the sequel. To my surprise, I liked this one even better.

Recovered now from their last showdown with evil (book 1), Ethan and his detective (and sometimes romantic) partner Savannah Jones are just plain two of the nicest yet most interesting private detectives I've had the pleasure of encountering. Their insecurities with each other, and when facing off against some really nasty enemies, are both endearing and maddening, at times.

Unfortunately, Ethan may be a first-class fighter, but he's a lousy shot. This makes for some welcome comic relief more than once in the novel. Gorgeous, dark-haired Savannah comes from the wrong side of the tracks, compared to prep-school graduate Ethan, but she's plenty smart and plenty resourceful. It's a pleasure watching these two try to sort out their own relationship, with an awkwardness that's downright comical.

Crime thrillers, it's often said, stand or fall on the depth and complexity of the villain. Ethan's nemesis in "Relentless" could hardly be more gruesome or sadistic and yet at the same time brilliantly manipulative. I like to read while eating, but not the descriptions of this villain as he disposes of the bodies! Epic battles result in the London borough of Twickenham. The book builds to an extremely satisfying ending which contained several surprises. Highly recommended!
on 24 December 2014
What a great read had me hooked right from the start had a job to put it down. Have read his other 2 books in this series and and they had the same impact. Well recommended LooK forward to others if he caries on with them.