on 17 December 2015
Its obvious but true. if only you could get out of bed,especially in the cold dark winter mornings! Read this in the summer and gave it a go.It does work.Couple this with a healthy diet,stay away from sugar,keep off the booze,read this book and stick to it.In 6 months you'll transform your life.
I relapsed (pesky booze!) but going to try again!
on 27 January 2014
As an early riser I found the author's tips and suggestions and values in waking up at 5.00am a valuable reminder of the importance in getting up early and starting my day on a positive note, which sets the tone for the rest of your day. If you're a night owl and always wondered what it would be like to wake up early, give this book a go...the author also offers you a simple system to help you go to bed earlier without you feeling like you're "missing out" or you "cant sleep" which helps you gradually re-adjusts your sleeping pattern. Great aid for insomniacs and any one looking at easy ways to increase your productivity. Give it a go. You'll be suprised at how easy it is to wake up and get up at 5.00am. Have a happy day!
on 11 November 2014
Seems a simple enough task to get up early. I mean how hard can it be? Doing it every day though, and not just for a week? The answer is - pretty hard actually. This book takes approx 45 mins to read and it covers a lot of ground to the point you can literally sense the benefits you will get if you can master this. It's a great guide and I've put many of the tips into place already. I'm getting up earlier but I'm not hugely productive yet with the extra time I have but it has killed the morning rush and stress I used to feel. Everything seems much more manageable and I feel much more relaxed throughout the rest of the day. The biggest change is that I'm thinking more about the benefits of sleep and I'm now consciously going to bed a couple of hours earlier. Maybe that's why I'm a bit happier - because I'm getting more sleep and not because I'm getting up earlier. Either way it's irrelevant - I'm feeling better, getting more done and think this book has been a great aid to get me to take the action I already knew I needed to take.
on 16 July 2017
Can't believe I paid money for this! Badly written, repetitive, badly edited (mediation instead of meditation TWICE) and obvious. Full of contradictions too; he says that older people do not need less sleep, then later explains that they do. He advises that we don't allow our teenagers to stay up past 9 pm - but doesn't say how to do that. Then he says that it's OK to let them sleep until 3 in the afternoon. And what is an explanation of SMART objectives doing in a book about waking up early?
The only good thing about this book is that it only takes about 15 minutes to read. As someone else has said, it can be summed up in one sentence. In order to wake up earlier, you need to go to bed earlier. I already knew that!
on 22 May 2014
I'm go glad I read this book. It's not quite as simple as 'go to bed earlier - get up earlier'. The author gives a plan and advice on how to do this by stages so that it becomes an ingrained habit and a way of re-setting your body clock. This avoids sudden changes leading to failure. I've had problems with getting to sleep for years and I always thought that the common-sense solutions were too simplistic to be taken seriously, preferring to rely on medication and alcohol to help get me to sleep. You learn over time that these methods are not ideal. I took the author's advice on board about cutting down on tea and coffee (hope to eliminate it altogether eventually) and drinking lots of water instead (flavoured with fresh lime and/or lemon juice) and I'm finding that this is really helping me to fall into a natural sleep. I never thought that anything so easy could work! I'm also beginning to prefer my flavoured water to tea and coffee.

This book is a quick, easy and pleasant read. I've gone through it briefly once, and will read it again in more detail until I can put all of the author's advice into practice and become the morning person that I always wanted to be. Thanks to the author for the motivation and trusted guidance.
on 3 February 2014
I chose full-star rating for this book because it's very easy to read, realistic, easy to apply in everyday life, very motivating and inspiring ideas that are easy to incorporate into a busy daily schedule, it promotes planing and organisational skills, self-control, less stress and more success and it beats procrastination.
I am an aspiring trainee teacher- to- be soon and I know that planing is half the work done and, if I am going to be successful in my job, I have to be ultra organised.
I was drawn to this book because I felt that my lack of sleep was ruining my life and my health and decided to do something about it. This book was God-sent. I would warmly recommend it to anyone with similar problems mentioned above. This really is an ultimate guide to waking up early. I have already started making my goals and mean to stick to them. You should definitely try reading it. It's fabulous!
I wish you lots of success.
Vesna B.
on 28 August 2014
The benefits of waking up early is never greatly appreciated, that is unless you actually give it a try for yourself like I personally did, especially as I discovered through this book that numerous successful people who I greatly admired adopted this simple habit. That is going to bed early and getting up early. You know the traditional saying about the early bird catches the worms, well the meaning of the saying is greatly amplified here as the author explains to the reader the numerous benefits of waking up early.

Of course if you are a night owl like I previously was, then this might be slightly difficult as your body clock will take a while to adjust to the change, but even so, the author has a rather ingenious plan that will help you achieve that early sleep, early rise without too much effort.

Now the book doesn't stop there either, as the author then provides a plethora of advice and tips on what foods to avoid before bedtime, and what can help improve sleep. The in-depth information about sleep, the process of sleep, the various cycles of sleep is fascinating to know, plus there are some really unexpected and alarming facts such as how electronics devices and certain lights can affect and disrupt the sleep cycle.

To conclude, this book has changed the way I approach sleep and the time I get up in the morning, because once you begin to feel the new positivity in you, you'll be wondering why you didn't do it earlier. It may sound strange waking up 5am in the morning, but as you read and follow this book's excellent and informative advice, you'll find it's rewarding benefits more than worthwhile.
on 25 May 2017
Compact, some interesting facts about sleep, some useful advice, though short and some topics could be expanded. For me it was quite inspiring
on 5 July 2017
This book has definitely given me a good insight into how to change my sleeping pattern and the lunch time power naps enable me to power through my afternoon in the office with a fresh mind!! Highly recommended!
on 28 August 2017
I really enjoy reading this book because it was very informative and I was able to gain some useful tips.
I would recommend this book to people who need tips on how to wake up early