TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 March 2015
This is a really compelling adventure story which I ate up in two days of reading. It tells the story of Kester, the only hope to save the last animals in existence, and his fight against the terrifying FACTO corporation. It blends elements of environmentalism with aspects of a thriller and plenty of humour to lift the darker elements of the story. It's a cracking read for 7-12 year olds.
on 10 May 2017
My daughter is loving this book. Great story, makes the reader not want to put it down. I will be purchasing the other books in the trilogy.
on 22 June 2017
My child aged 10 gave up the reading after a few dozens of pages, because it was depressing. It might become wonderful later on, but if you are looking for a pleasurable reading, this book is not.
on 1 October 2017
This book made me cry on the train home from London. It is so brilliant. Such an incredible story of friendship and bravery!
on 31 August 2017
Fantastic book, son loves the trilogy x
on 26 April 2017
Excellent
on 4 January 2014
An original and interesting story. A dystopian future mingles with a celebration of nature and wild creatures. Loved the little wolf with truly teenage attitude and vulnerability. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
on 9 March 2017
I love it! The begging is a bit confusing, but after you get to part 2, it's amazing!
on 15 February 2015
The Last Wild is a highly original story of a boy called Kester who is mute, but realises he can communicate with animals. This is particularly startling as he lives in a time when all the animals have been wiped out by a terrible virus. The Last Wild tells how a flock of pigeons and a particularly confident cockroach lead him to the last surviving group of animals in a desperate attempt to get him to help them save themselves. Kester’s (and the reader’s) love for animals grows as the story progresses. By the end we too love the animals, even the cockroach, because the animals have demonstrated their qualities to us – their loyalty, their strength, their bravery, and their fight for justice. I don’t want to give too much away – it’s a fast-paced, creative, brainstorming triumph. Buy it for every child you know aged about 9 or older.
see http://www.minervareads.com/?p=625 for more of my review
on 27 May 2017
Just finished the second novel and am loving the trilogy...

I'm a girl of 13 whose mum got me the first of the 3 books about a week ago and I have already finished the second. I love the series! I love the way it expresses the points of view of animals and how they try to solve the problems they have, caused by humans, some using the help of a boy while others believe they can do it on their own. I am a nature lover and you don't know how much I would love to be able to talk to animals! My favourite of the two I've read so far is the second because of the Iris Capsule. It's a book loaded with adventure and I simply couldn't put it down.