Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 17 July 2017
Good only if you like this artist
on 26 August 2013
What a fantastic debut album. Soulful music sung from the heart with every word meaningful., can't wait for the next one!
on 20 July 2016
Very disappointing thought this would be better
on 25 July 2013
It's not that often that you hear a voice which is simply out of this world. I was quite impressed with his rendition of "At last" for the British X-Factor show. (Why is this song not included by the way?) His first CD is very good and some of the covers are even better than the originals. Hope he has a brilliant career. A true soul star is born!
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2016
didnt show all songs and the song i wanted wasnt on the rubbish i was looking for at last song
on 25 November 2013
I was so looking forward to Jahmene's album and when I was listening to it I almost
fell asleep. It is so boring and so predictable - only ballads and his voice sounds
better live than on this album. These up and downs of the scale to show off his voice
is quite bothersome. And so many remakes of songs and the duet with Nicole Scherzinger...
just horrible. They both sound very stressed and not into the song at all. It's the worst
song on the album. I wished that Jahmene would have recorded more original and also
uptempo songs - it's like he is in his 50ies - he doesn't sound fresh and young on here.
on 4 April 2015
Ordered it and was told that they then couldn't get it. He's gone on to successfully disappear at the same speed as pretty much all the other "super stars" do. I keep promising myself that I'll never watch the next series, as I sit there yelling at the TV and disturbing the neighbours. Potentially good for TV manufacturers as one day I'm going to launch a brick through mine in frustration at some point.
on 31 July 2013
I LOVED JAHMENE FROM HIS FIRST AUDITION ON X FACTOR ,HE WAS ALWAYS THE BETTER SINGER AS WELL AS BEING A HUMBLE SENSITIVE AND CARING YOUNG MAN.
HIS VOCALS ARE AMAZING AND THE EMOTION HE PUTS INTO EVERY SONG ON THE ALBUM IS FELT BY THE LISTENER.
THIS ALBUM IS FANTASTIC AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. WELL DONE JAHMENE, LONG MAY YOU CONTINUE TO IMPRESS US WITH YOUR TRULY BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING VOICE.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2013
Great Album. Easy download. Thanks Amazon.
But most of all thanks Jahmene, wonderful choice of songs which are great with your amazing voice. Thank you.
on 17 August 2013
I loved Jahmene's voice the minute I heard his first audition on X-Factor. His voice is just stunning! When you hear Jahmene sing on this CD, it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up...

Although this is an album of covers, it is not karaoke versions of the originals. Jahmene interprets the songs in his own unique style. I actually enjoy Jahmene's rendition of Fix You, Halo and Titanium better than the originals. He just blows me away... and I cannot resist listening to these tracks over and over again.

On the subject of covers, a couple of the reviews have expressed disappointment that this is an album of covers. Jahmene has always put himself forward as a singer, not a song writer. I don't have any issue with covers, if they are done well. You only have to look at some of the great artists of our time and they have all sang cover versions of popular classics. E.g. Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, even the Rolling Stones! I could go on...

I gave the album four stars because I was not too keen on a couple of the religious tracks, but only because I didn't particularly like the melodies. A couple of the tracks feature Gospel type backing singers and I really enjoyed these. The Christian music market is huge, and I think Jahmene would do well to target two audiences separately.

I really hope Jahmene is given the opportunity by the record companies to have a long career. I hope he puts out another CD soon. I would love to hear more of his amazing voice...