TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 October 2014
Having ditched my Windows laptop (Blame Windows 8, not the laptop), I moved over to Mac. However, a lot of my documents were written as Word or Excel files, and I wanted to use them on my MacBook. This seemed like the obvious solution.

Let's just make it clear that you are not buying a CD - the box shows up just like a regular Office product would, but inside is a little card with a serial number and download instructions. You send your Mac to the website, download and enter your serial number, and the machine does everything. Really simple!

No compatibility issues to date - work done on machines running Windows comes across seamlessly. I am impressed, and also relieved!
on 27 July 2016
The web address for download printed on package does not exist anymore. I have found other link to the official Microsoft page for downloading older software, including Office 2011. I entered the registration key and waited for more than an hour for the system to check it, no result. These keys are probably so old you will never get the software to be installed.
on 6 March 2015
I did not really want this but was forced to get it as Microsoft Office's presence is so all pervasive. I tried to get by with NeoOffice, OpenOffice and Pages but in the end had to give in to get full compatibility with the documents I was handling.

Downloading and installing this was really easy. The only minor issue I had with this came later when I replaced my hard disk. After doing that I needed to reactivate the package by entering the Product Key. This proved to be very simple as Amazon provides easy access via Your Account -> Your Games and Software Library.
on 1 June 2016
Bought in May 2016 and upon reflection I think I should have just gone for an Office 365 subscription - although some commentators say that 365 is not that stable on the Mac. Also VBA support in Office Mac 2011 is supposed to be better than in previous or later versions, and this is important to me (although I don't have previous or later versions to compare it with). The activation process made my heart flutter for a few moments when I entered the serial number (on the Office Mac 2011 activation website) and there was some problem "communicating with the server" so for a while there I was worried that Office Mac 2011 could no longer be activated. But all went well on the 2nd attempt - Phew! And finally, not that it matters, the version I received was Italian (the wording on the box and the licence card), but of course it installs and runs in English perfectly.
on 12 September 2014
Moved over to a MacBook Pro recently as was getting more and more Apple products in the house (it's amazing BTW). Downside was the Pages apps that are provided. They in themselves are excellent, but seeing as the rest of my house, and work, run MS Office, the compatibility, formatting and constantly saving as .doc was tedious so I gave in and bought this. It works just like you expect it too. There are some slight layout and appearance differences but they are easy to get around. Has made my life a whole lot easier.
Did the download from Amazon which was exceptionally easy and only took about 15 mins despite it telling me to leave it 1-5 hours (and I'm only on fairly moderate rural broadband speed!). I know that so many Mac purists scoff at using MS Office, but for us mere plebs it makes compatibility issues disappear (I had one bit of advice that suggested I asked my work to move over to Macs to get around the issue as they were better - not so good when there are 1200 employees!)
on 12 May 2015
I'm not a great fan of Microsoft, but I must say this product works extremely well. In my opinion it is much better than the PC version. It comes without Microsoft Outlook - but to be truthful for the price it's still very good value. I would say it's a much better alternative to Apple apps, as they seem to be poorer cousins to the office suite - I have used both on numerous occasions and always find that I go back to the this software. I must admit I am dreading the next version as I am convinced that it will be a yearly subscription - but I know I will carry on using this version as long as I can.
on 22 November 2016
The key code works - this is genuine Msoft licensed software, without any problems. Download from the internet, type in the key code and install. Hey presto Msoft office 2011 on the Mac for a one off payment, instead of having to pay every month or every year which is the new Microsoft 365 model. Initially the verification page did not work, but when I retried it was fine.
on 2 October 2014
I have just converted to Mac but wanted a familiar set up for my word processing. This was really simple. It does say in the description that you need to go to the Microsoft website and enter the product key etc. I didn't have to, the amazon software downloader did it all, a click of a few buttons, pasting me key and I was ready to go.

I'm really happy with Word and Excel (only ones I have used yet) if you want this on your Mac, I recommend it.
on 9 March 2014
Product was downloaded and running in about half an hour ! I am lucky as we do have a fast broadband.Simple to install . The menu ribbon - if that's what it's called is slightly different to windows, but is just as easy and accessible to use . I too have messed about with parallels etc to run windows office but am so glad I've finally converted. Word works amazingly well - better than Word in windows ! Well for label making anyway- just used templates! Haven't had chance to use much else yet. Why some people complain about Amazon is beyond me - I have always had brilliant service.
on 27 January 2014
The download started immediately - no waiting - but it did take almost an hour. Then there was another hour for it to be installed but everything went very smoothly and the instructions were simple and clear. I was updating from Office 2004 so I basically knew what I was getting but I have bemoaned the loss of the Entourage mail system (especially the calendar). Switching to the Mail in Office 2011 was a slight problem with the BT hub3 we have but this has now been sorted (by BT). Overall, well pleased even though the iMac is somewhat slower than it used to be!