on 5 February 2016
My Office 365 Home 5 User license was nearing renewal... I noted it was cheaper to get a renewal from Amazon than buying direct from Microsoft. This was true even after I counted the extra month you get with ordering through Microsoft. I don't understand how that works, but there you go! So I went ahead and placed my downloadable order through Amazon. I followed the link to Office.com and then entered in my Microsoft log-on details... this automatically renewed everything (without the need to actually download the software again as I already have it on my machines). Crucially, even though I had a week or so left on my existing subscription, it renewed for a full year from the date my original subscription ended. So very happy with the whole process (and obviously like the product). Anyway, thought I would post this in case there were others wondering how it would work. PS: It took longer to write this than go through the whole renewal process ! :-D
11 Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 July 2017
Just extended my subscription for £42.99. It just adds another year to your previous expiry date. Take no notice of other comments stating different!
It's a no brainier. Full office suite always the latest version AND 1 terabyte OneDrive storage for 5 people. Do the math just on the storage side see how much Google Drive and Dropbox charge and your quids in then throw in latest version of Office....
Below is the extract from Microsoft themselves so you could buy up to 5 years worth just add each product key.

"Your Microsoft account can have only one subscription associated with it. If you use the same Microsoft account to buy or redeem multiple Office 365 subscriptions, you extend the amount of time for your subscription, up to a maximum of 5 years. This doesn't increase the number of devices you can install Office on or increase the amount of online storage that's available with the subscription"
on 7 February 2018
One star because of the time and stress involved in getting the code to work, it does work but Microsoft support are no help whatsoever, I just figured this out for myself !!!!! So, PLEASE AMAZON PUT THE FOLLOWING INFO WHERE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR PURCHASERS TO MISS i.e. at top of page next to product details in really big, red letters!! : To use the code, click the 'Access your content' link in your Digital Delivery Confirmation email - then click the 'Continue to Office.com' button - this will take you to Microsoft Office setup for your product key - if you already have Microsoft Office installed, you don't need to go through installation again, just go to your account/subscriptions and the expiry date will have been extended another year. DO NOT TRY TO REDEEM THE CODE FROM YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT DASHBOARD - BECAUSE IF YOU CLICK 'REDEEM CODE OR VOUCHER' FROM YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, THIS WILL APPEAR TO BE DOING THE CORRECT THING AS IT WILL ASK YOU TO INPUT THE CODE, BUT WILL SAY IT'S TAKING YOU TO X-BOX TO REDEEM THE CODE, AND THEN AUTOMATICALLY TAKE YOU TO AN ERROR PAGE IN X-BOX!!! I do hope this review helps all you folk who are trying to redeem the code, but please Amazon tell purchasers that using your links are the only way to get the code to work, and that they won't need to install Office from scratch if they do this. I have just wasted 2 hours of my life figuring this out for myself, so hardly work the 15 quid I saved over getting office to auto renew.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 December 2017
Move to this on my Mac from Office 2011 - been chewing over moving to 365 for quite a while due to the annual subscription but glad I have moved over now I have done it.

Easy to install - excellent value from Amazon - got the 5 user licence so I could use it on my Laptop, phone and iPad as well
on 27 December 2017
I have used MS Office 365 since 2014, each renewal year Microsoft very kindly want to auto-renew, I bet they do!! It is always available elsewhere at a much cheaper price than the full Microsoft price. Through Amazon itself it was £25 cheaper and I also took the offer of applying for a Amazon Credit Card which gave me a £20 gift card just for being accepted. So all in all it cost me £32 divide that by my 5 family members, £6.40 a year each for all features of Office and 1TB of cloud space each. You can't get a better deal than that.
Anyone that doesn't know MS Office wouldn't be on this page, all good quality programs, OneDrive can be a bit slow uploading but it all works in the background. Onedrive was certainly a Godsend when I managed to put my daughters Iphone through a washing machine program, for that I will always be grateful. Two weeks in Florida would have gone unrecorded for her, as it happened, not one photo was lost and recovered when the replacement arrived.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 July 2017
Having several different devices which require Microsoft Office, the 365 Home 5-User subscription makes a lot of sense.

Bearing in mind that this was available at an extremely cost-effective price at the time of purchase, I chose to add an additional year to my existing subscription then, rather than wait until it eventually expires, when it would have cost much more than the Amazon sale price. (My current subscriptions are valid for a further two years.)

The subscription process allows a total of 5 years of subscriptions to be added in advance, so it makes sense to add additional ones when the price is much lower than usual.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 August 2017
I've been using 365 now for about 4 years, and although some think that an annual subscription model is expensive, for us, I think I am saving money, and always have the most up-to-date software.

It is easy to use, and the only issue I have had in the past is the occasional need to log in ... it seems to forget registration every so often.

I'm using it on a mix of laptops and Macs, and admin to set up and manage is very easy.
on 20 December 2017
Expensive, but the best Office product you can buy
There are plenty of free or cheaper office programs, but none have all the features that MS Office has.
So if you want cheap and cheerful, this isn't for you but if you want every bell and whistle a product can have, then buy this
Be aware, it is only a 12 month subscription. After 12 months, you will need to buy a further subscription.
If you register the product and offer a card for auto renewal, you will get 13 months and can immediately cancel the auto renewal but keep the free extra month so I highly recommend that
on 9 January 2018
Very disappointed, I bought it mainly for cloud storage and to be able to read documents on different computers in different places. Unfortunately when I put Powerpoint onto OneDrive I cant see or recover that document on a second computer, so it is virtually useless to me. However I like the updated versions of Word and Powerpoint over the 2010 versions so I will use it but have to use Dropbox instead of OneDrive which is slightly inconvenient to an inbuilt storage facility. I have requested help from Microsoft but they do not get back to me.
on 22 December 2016
TL:DR - Industry standard office package, affordable price, always up to date and a terabyte of cloud storage. What's not to like?

I have used MS Office since the old days of Windows 3.1. I have lived through the horrors of the paperclip of harassment and have even learned to love the ribbon, but until office 365 came along 'I had never once paid for a Microsoft product' (apostrophes added for legal deniability...) Office 365 was a watershed moment for me; Suddenly instead of costing several hundred pounds and then costing several hundred pounds again a couple of years down the line for the next upgrade, you could pay a reasonable price every year to have a piece of software which was always up-to-date, and which could be installed on multiple machines. As far as I'm concerned, this is charging a reasonable price to consumers for a piece of software that is industry standard.

Add to that the terabyte of cloud storage which comes with it, and the fact that you get everything (including Publisher and Access) and you end up with a product which it just isn't fair to pirate any more. Full credit to Microsoft for doing the right thing.

If you're not familiar with Microsoft office then the likelihood is that you have spent most of your life on Mars... in a cave... With your eyes shut... And your fingers in your ears... It's got a word processor, a spreadsheet and various other gubbins which if I have to explain to you then it's probably best you don't purchase the software...

The final question on everybody's lips is likely "Why should I buy office, when Google Docs is free, and does much the same thing?" For many, this would be a valid argument. I myself use Google Docs extensively, and as long as all that you want is basic word processing it's phenomenal. However, where Word and Excel shine is in their complexity and the depth of features which far outstrip anything available for free (and yes, that includes Open Office!) All the free stuff is good, but if you really want to produce top-notch stuff, then it's worth spending the money and investing in Office... However, if you just write a few letters occasionally, then Office is a waste of money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse