on 7 October 2014
With names like Autumn Raine and Nathan Regan you expect something special and author Mandy Baggot has your senses tingling!

You feel Autumn’s pain for what she’s been through and you find yourself wanting to protect a character who feels very, very real. Then there is Nathan Regan. Sizzle. He’s tough, determined and takes the business of personal protection very seriously indeed. He’s the definition of a true professional, putting himself at risk without a moment’s hesitation. If you were in a jam he’s the person you would want on your side.

There are plot twists that will keep you turning the pages and, in places, holding your breath. I just loved the character named Tawanda. While she, too, was a surprise in several ways, she brought a little something extra to the emotional mix. You could feel the angst flying off the pages and there is drama, love, intrigue and adventure a-plenty. And an ending you are guaranteed not to forget!
on 27 February 2014
This was the first book I've read by the author - and I will be back to read more. The characters were very believable - at first there were times when I could have strangled Autumn, but she grew on me (as she did on Nathan!). And I'm just a sucker for a strong hero like Nathan - not perfect, but I definitely would have hung around for more! Loved it :-)
on 12 October 2016
This book certainly has everything in it, making me laugh and cry was Brilliantly Written. Well done Mandy. Look forward to reading more.
on 4 September 2013
An enjoyable book. Autumn is a spoilt pop princess whose life has been threatened by kidnapping. Nathan is the bodyguard who is trying to keep her safe. This was and engaging and gripped me more from the middle of the book onwards. A solid 4 stars.
on 17 June 2013
I took this book on holiday in great anticipation because I'd read the blurb, already seen some of the fabulous blogger reviews, and I knew I was in for a treat. I was not disappointed. This book has everything that I personally love to find in a romance novel - a heroine who grows on you, a hero to fall madly in love with, an action packed passion fuelled storyline than grabs you and takes you along for the read - oh and know I've really enjoyed myself when I shed a few tears along the way. (I had to pretend I had suncream in my eyes at one point). There is romance, adventure, suspense, and ups and downs that have your heart racing and pulse pounding. I loved it and highly recommend `Security'. Mandy Baggot is now one of my very favourite authors!
on 27 April 2013
Mandy's ability to write incredibly irrestible male characters is second-to-none. I have fallen for every male character in every story, and Security is no exception!

Autumn Raine is the typical sassy young pop star, someone who's life is not their own, thanks to agents and PA and schedules. However, her very mudane yet outwardly-fabulous life is rocked by revalations from her mother, she is forced to face some incredibly tricky moments! Can she recover from the secrets? Will she ever like Nathan? Will she survive?

The pace of the story is quick and remarkably intriguing - I found myself unable to put it down! Then again, once you've read one of Mandy's novels you'll feel the same about each and every one!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 April 2013
I have read all of Mandy Baggot's books and I have enjoyed watching her writing skills grow with each new book she releases. I loved the sound of this book after reading the synopsis and knowing that the author has a passion for singing and performing I was sure this book was going to be a great read as she is putting a personal interest into her book.

Autumn is readying herself for the biggest night of her career but the last thing she expected was for her life to be in danger. Nathan Regan is assigned to protect Autumn, a difficult job when she is less than co-operative but her life soon starts to take a downward spiral and she begins to put her trust in Nathan to help protect her.

Can Nathan lay his past demons aside and concentrate on the job in hand?

This is by far my favourite book by Mandy she is top of her game in this book. She has created some fabulous characters not just our main characters but the supporting cast too. Tawanda is actually my favourite character she brings a little light to full on action pact storyline.

Autumn was a worrying character for me when the book began and we first met her as I thought Diva alert but luckily although she is a strong character she has her little wobbles where you see she is actually a very vulnerable and lost character and it is when we get to see these glimpses of her character that your love for her grows. Where the authors writing has always been strong has been in creating her male lead characters and this book is no exception in fact I would say this is my favourite male eye candy so far! Although he isn't portrayed so much as a hunk it is his protective nature that makes you quiver!

This storyline seems to have taken Mandys writing down a different path we still have the romance in full flow but the action side of her writing is something that I really enjoyed in this book it was very unexpected and I loved it.

The whole Kidnap trail didn't feel drawn out the pace of the drama was perfect, enough to keep you intrigued and on edge. There were also some great little twists in this book.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book I couldn't put it down ( until my kindle died!)
on 3 April 2013
Security Take the best of 24, Taken, and The Bodyguard and you have Security. Roll Jack Bauer, Liam Neeson and Kevin Costner into one, and you have focussed, hard-edged, ex-special forces agent, Nathan Regan. I was just blown away by Security. When my Kindle threw a wobbly, I took my iPhone to bed, that's how much I couldn't put it down. The characters are real, multifaceted, damaged people you absolutely root for. Even in Autumn Raine - international singing sensation at the height of her career, spoilt, pandered to and `adored', we soon glimpse a vulnerability which has us on her side.

A kidnap threat has Autumn whisked away from her life of haute cuisine, of which she consumes little, and luxury living at the grandest hotels to pizza in a place she wouldn't be seen dead in - in the company of someone she would be seen dead with. Nathan Regan charged with Autumn's security is, on the surface, rough, rude, ruthless and angry. He's a professional, he has a job to do and he's going to do it to the best of his ability. He's no time for spoilt, little rich girls throwing tantrums. Though he's haunted by ghosts from his past, Nathan's training has helped him develop a tough emotional armour. Even when he glimpses the fragile, caring woman underneath the superstar persona, he's not going to let it distract him. Is he? I can't say anymore for fear of spoilers. However, I simply have to add that the supporting characters are every bit as enticing. Tawanda is just the perfect foil between the hero and heroine. Oh, and the love scenes... Wow! Enough said. You simply have to read it. Mandy Baggot is on a winner here. Security is fabulously written. You think you know what to expect, you get a whole lot more. This is a book that is hugely satisfying and highly recommended!
on 4 April 2013
Autumn Raine is an international singing sensation, who is at the height of her fame and career. Autumn's first album had gone double platinum and she is up for two awards at a prestigious award ceremony. Although adored by her fans, it would appear that Autumn has it all, but deep down inside Autumn is unhappy even with so much success, when it comes down to it she does not have anyone close to her in her private life and she is lonely. She has no one to talk to and share things with.
When a serious kidnap threat is made against Autumn, an handsome and experienced ex-special forces agent, Nathan Regan is hired for Autumn's security. Nathan whisks Autumn away from it all to a safe haven. Autumn and Nathan are two completely different people who are thrown together and soon the sparks begin to fly.

Haunted by demons from his past can Nathan provide the security that Autumn so desperately needs?

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Security, Mandy Baggot's brand new novel before its official launch in April. This as a fan of Mandy Baggot's books was very exciting! It is a book that is well worth reading. A great storyline filled with drama, action and romance and just the right amount of comedy to make this a fascinating and entertaining read. The latest novel from Mandy Baggot is not to be missed.
on 21 April 2013
Autumn Raine is a complex character. Beneath that pop star exterior lies an insecure young lady with little confidence and an over powering mother. Her father died and her mother works for the foreign office as a top official.

Regan is not the usual bodyguard type. He doesn't look the part and Autumn doesn't seem to have the confidence in him when they first meet.

Thrown together in an adventure that sees Regan trying to protect Autumn from kidnappers, these two characters get to know each other a lot more than expected.

There are secrets and twists along the way that make Regan trust no-one, but can Autumn trust Regan? Can Autumn trust her mother?

I like the fact that the characters, although not just ordinary folks, were down to earth with their thoughts and fears.

Tawanda was a larger than life character and seemed to be the most grounded of all the characters, if a little old for her years. She was a great supporting character.

Mandy Baggot has written an action packed movie style story that kept me guessing. It reminded me of The Bodyguard in some ways.

Thank you to the author for a review copy. This did not influence my review in any way.