on 29 April 2014
This 3rd series of Sherlock starts in a very unusual and unexpected way: it doesn't seem to be focused on a case to solve, because the case becomes, more and more, focused on characters relationships.
But don't worry: there'll be mysteries and murders and menace (personal and collective). And witty dialogues, brilliant scenes, fantastic twists.
With some more room for characters (not that they lacked of definition in the previous series) like we got to a point that we (and they) all need to take stock of the situation, before a final, unbelievable twist.
Well, double twist: to solve the case and give the series a new challenge waiting to be taken in season 4.
Visually the blu ray is excellent and the sound design powerfully sticks out.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 July 2017
BUT I was a bit surprised when I received the DVD because it was a different one from the one I purchased and for a moment there I thought there was a mistake. It is the special edition all right, it has the three DVDs, but the packaging is a different one.

In any case, I'm rating the series with a 5, since it deserves it, so there you have it :)
review image
on 16 January 2015
This is a brilliant series with great actors. Episode 3 has a fantastic new villain, ie, "Borgen" and "The Killing" star Lars Mikkelsen, who is amazing as master blackmailer Charles Augustus Magnussen. The character really seems to enjoy watching the effect he has on them, which is very chilling to watch. I hope Magnussen is brought back in future series because a Moriarty / Magnussen team would be awesome!
on 28 January 2016
Started watching from Series 1 -3 in a couple of days, sleepless nights but it kept me glued, wanting to watch more. I close my eyes and I see flashes from Sherlock Holmes, can say the best TV series I have ever watched. The characters are brilliant love the fact that intelligence and emotions are so nicely blended. The relation between Sherlock and Mycroft. Sherlock and Watson / Mrs Hudson or the girl from the lab.
Simply love it and need more of it..its something you never want to end !!!!
on 17 October 2016
Best Sherlock since rathbone and the modern update is well done and a pleasure to watch. Holmes and Watson are perfect
2 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2018
Witty dialogue, a good-paced drama, and a storyline that just drew me in. Watch out for the interspersed banter between Sherlock and Watson in the first episode. HILARIOUS because it all has such a twist. Do not eat or drink anything while watching it. I nearly spat out my coffee from laughter.
on 23 March 2016
BC is my favourite Sherlock! The two main characters are brilliantly matched. I think Watson deserves a medal for putting up with Sherlock.Great acting. Great stories. Can't wait till the Xmas special becomes available on Prime! I hope there'll be a whole new season.
on 2 February 2015
Excellent as I expected. It is more addictive than coffee and much more entertaining. The down side ?
The cost. It really grips my colon to have to pay for something I and millions of others have already paid for via the licence fee.
It's only £3.99 or whatever, per episode but the principle is there. I shall be purchasing more but will need time to save up.
on 6 January 2018
Even if this one is not the best series of the lot, and is very unbalanced, it's still a great show with great actors!!!
on 12 October 2016
Best series the BBC has ever done!

I cannot say much more than amazing! its awesome! and i recommend this to anyone who like this genera of series.