Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2014
I never leave reviews but this is such a stirring unique album, I couldn't not. This woman is amazing.....people compare her to Florence Welch and I understand why, but this vocalist does heartbreakingly sad like Florence could never do (not being mean, it's just true). Very few albums manage to make a tear roll down my face, but this is one of them. It's not all sad and melancholic but my god, they do it so well! Beautifully produced, a pleasure to own. Thank you London Grammar.
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2014
Well being a person deeply entrenched in my own types of music - acoustic music. i indeed read a review of (on the Telegraph's music section) of London Grammar , and was intrigued and decided to give them "a go," and i was not dissapointed.
My only criticism of London Grammar is, I do not like the sound of those what I call "pressure drums," or some kind of drum box - utilised in this recording. Indeed the female lead singer of London Grammar has an excellent voice, and i myself would put their music somewhere in the realm of This mortal Coil. London Grammar's new CD is quite simply great and well worth while buying, if like me you are intrigued by new music then give it a go. Go and treat yourself its terrific.
on 26 April 2015
What an album. Struggling for words. Think Zero 7 and The XX and then add in the most beautiful vocals I've heard for a long time. Can't recall being as touched by music as when I heard wasting my young years for the first time. It just gets better with every listen. It takes you away to a wonderful place. Stunning, sombre, magical, sublime and utterly captivating. I'm in love with it.
on 11 June 2017
I first heard these 2weeks ago and was absolutely blown away with their sound,lyrics and singing. this album is excellent, I will definitely buy their old and future albums
on 25 March 2017
Good
on 21 May 2017
Magical cd. Three years old and their second album due on the 8th June already ordered by this new fan, which may surprise any young person if they knew my age of 70. What a voice and what brilliant songs?
on 4 June 2017
Great Album. Can't wait for the new one in June 2017
on 19 June 2017
Excellent product and service.
on 13 September 2014
Not really sure what the fuss is all about. It's nice enough but all pretty much the same!
on 2 June 2017