on 28 December 2013
A necessary part of a Christmas gift of the 7 inch Kindle Fire HD, together with the touch screen protector. Yet to be put to full use, but fits snuggly around the Tablet, offering good protection. Arrived as part of the Kindle Package ordered, promptly and in secure packaging. A "MUST" for all Kindle Fire Owners, in my opinion.
VINE VOICEon 23 December 2013
Colour: Purple|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The origami cover comes in lovely deep purple. It hugs the Kindle Fire HD 7" well (doesn't work with the older 7" with a camera) meaning it isn't likely to fall out but with power and volume buttons on the outer cover means you don't have to keep removing it. The inner cover has a sofer feel so it's not likely to scratch the screen when closed.

The origami itself is quite easy to master (3 point instructions given) and after a few uses it is easier to bend. I love the fact it has strong magnets so once folded it will stay in place so the Kindle Fire HD can be used in portrait or landscape at a good angle. It not needing to use the cover as a stand, the magnets hold the cover flat against the back so it doesn't flap around.

Would have preferred it didn't have `amazon' emblazoned on both the outside and inside but it's not that noticeable at certain angles. Overall a good sturdy cover which allows you to stand the Kindle up.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2013
It's excellent I should have bought this case at the same time as my kindle! My husband paid for the kindle for Christmas and my daughter bought me a case to go with it. I hasten to add she did not buy this one but a cheap imitation which was too big although allegedly made for the kindle HD fire it was rubbish and tacky! Trust me when I say this case is perfect for the kindle HD fire a perfect fit and very easy to put on and use in its stand form. An excellent sturdy outer case with a velvety inside which will not damage the screen.
A beautiful purple colour that I love! Do not buy cheap imitation as their promises are empty not of any value at all. Although the reason we did not buy this case was due to the price I do feel I would have had a lot less stress when looking for a cheaper alternative if I had just given in, in the first place. Just one request amazon please be a bit cheaper, you would sell more and save your customers a lot of stress trying to purchase a cheaper item which in the end is rubbish. Make life easier for you and us we all win in the end.
on 25 September 2014
I'm pleased with this case, I like the Origami feature more than I thought I would, as I mainly bought this for the colour and because of the limited amount of cases out there. It's magnetic which is clever, though sometimes fiddly to put it together in the right way to make it stand. For me, having a case which also acts as a stand is really important, especially when using the item as a tablet to stream videos or music (obviously less important if you're just using it to read).

I did, however, have some trouble getting my kindle fire HD into the case itself, it's rather a tough fit and at first I thought that I'd bought the wrong one. You really just have to push it in and force the cover over which I don't think is great.

I'd also say that the colour itself is not as deep as the colour in the image, but more of a bog standard purple, which I think is a shame because I love the deep jewel tone in the image.

Overall, it keeps my Kindle safe as it's supposed to do but I'd be disappointed with this if I hadn't found the Origami feature a pleasant surprise, purely because it is a bit of a disappointment on colour.
on 1 August 2017
I have a Kindle Fire HD (3rd Gen) and I've had that for a few years by now, but last year I decided to invest in this cover to protect my kindle. I am so glad I did! Not only does it fit like a glove, it also looks super stylish and is very practical! There's buttons on it that are in the right place so I can easily adjust the volume or turn it off. You can also put it up in two different ways, so the kindle can stand by itself; one is a bit taller than the other, and I have often used these. I have been incredibly happy with my cover, and people have often asked me where I got it.

All in all - if you're looking for a cover for your kindle, buy this one. I love it!
review image review image review image
on 9 April 2017
Awful!! Very disappointed cheap and nasty. Will be returning. You place pad in and line up the holes but the slots for the sound are at the bottom not the top where they should be. Even though you have the buttons line up they do not work. Not up to Amazon standard that I'm used to. Don't buy!!
on 28 June 2014
This is an amazing piece of kit, it fits my new Kindle Fire HD perfectly. It's made of a tough polyurethane with a very soft microfiber lining to protect the screen..
The colour (I chose Orchid) is gorgeous.The origami stand works very
well .
The cover leaves you full access to all the functions so you never have to take the kindle out of its case.
Please note this case is only for the latest 7" Kindle Fire HD and not previous versions.
I am more than happy with my purchase !
I have full access to all the functions
on 1 March 2014
The instructions are not very clear (well not to me anyway) but once you have regestered it to Amazon it's plain sailing, Marvelous for apps. and vidio's. I use mine to read the daily Mail and Sunday Mail, who supplied the Kindle for free providing i purchased the Mail for 12 months which cost me £119, same price as Amazon. Would highly recomend this Kindle, absolutely great.
on 3 January 2014
I have bought many a case for the family iPads and Kindles but this has got to be one of the best I have purchased. Once thing I have learned about cases for tablets etc, is that you really do get what you pay for. If you want the protection and quality, then there is only one choice.

This is a very good case that feels expensive and feels like you have got what you paid for. I don't see any issues with this case at all and feel it will provide the protection required for my daughters Kindle.

Only time will tell, but so far so good.
on 3 April 2017
Doesn't fit my Kindle Fire HD 2013 3rd Generation as advertised, so I've had to send it back. Shame as it looks lovely.