on 28 December 2013
A necessary part of a Christmas gift of the 7 inch Kindle Fire HD, together with the touch screen protector. Yet to be put to full use, but fits snuggly around the Tablet, offering good protection. Arrived as part of the Kindle Package ordered, promptly and in secure packaging. A "MUST" for all Kindle Fire Owners, in my opinion.
VINE VOICEon 23 December 2013
Colour Name: Purple|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The origami cover comes in lovely deep purple. It hugs the Kindle Fire HD 7" well (doesn't work with the older 7" with a camera) meaning it isn't likely to fall out but with power and volume buttons on the outer cover means you don't have to keep removing it. The inner cover has a sofer feel so it's not likely to scratch the screen when closed.

The origami itself is quite easy to master (3 point instructions given) and after a few uses it is easier to bend. I love the fact it has strong magnets so once folded it will stay in place so the Kindle Fire HD can be used in portrait or landscape at a good angle. It not needing to use the cover as a stand, the magnets hold the cover flat against the back so it doesn't flap around.

Would have preferred it didn't have `amazon' emblazoned on both the outside and inside but it's not that noticeable at certain angles. Overall a good sturdy cover which allows you to stand the Kindle up.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2013
It's excellent I should have bought this case at the same time as my kindle! My husband paid for the kindle for Christmas and my daughter bought me a case to go with it. I hasten to add she did not buy this one but a cheap imitation which was too big although allegedly made for the kindle HD fire it was rubbish and tacky! Trust me when I say this case is perfect for the kindle HD fire a perfect fit and very easy to put on and use in its stand form. An excellent sturdy outer case with a velvety inside which will not damage the screen.
A beautiful purple colour that I love! Do not buy cheap imitation as their promises are empty not of any value at all. Although the reason we did not buy this case was due to the price I do feel I would have had a lot less stress when looking for a cheaper alternative if I had just given in, in the first place. Just one request amazon please be a bit cheaper, you would sell more and save your customers a lot of stress trying to purchase a cheaper item which in the end is rubbish. Make life easier for you and us we all win in the end.
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love my kindle fire but have never been able to find a one-size-fits-all cover. I like being able to set my kindle on a table in landscape and portrait format and, whilst most covers do the landscape bit quite happily there are very few covers that allow you to set your kindle in both.

The origami cover does it and does it well, the cover folds and twists in a variety of positions to support the kindle in the two poses.

Handily, the angle the kindle is held at when the cover is in use is well thought out.

I really can't think of anything that could be done to improve this cover, a well deserved five stars.
on 19 November 2013
I tried 3 different cases before I finally gave in and ordered this one. It's expensive but it's absolutely perfect. Fits like a dream, the buttons are protected but still completely accessible, you can stand the unit up but the cover also folds back neatly when you are reading! It feels like a quality product. I love it and wish I had just got this one in the first place. Love, love, love my Kindle and the cover is the perfect accessory!
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
Superb case for my kindle, with the automatic open and close activation for kindle you don't have to touch the on/off button at all
I have to say that in many reslects this is an excellent and useful add on for our Kindle device. The Kindle clips into the case easily, there is a hard backing that protects the rear of the device, holes in all the right places to allow easy access to the buttons and the speakers, and a totally ingenious front flap that when opened switches the kindle on automatically, folds very simply to form a rock solid stand that can be used in either landscape or portrait orientation, and when closed switches the kindle off. If you wish to use it as a handheld device then the cover is magnetised and sticks in place folded around the back of the device so that it doesn't flap around. It's stylish, clever and works very well. There is however one small flaw, the weight of the cover. It is far heavier than a simple leather cover, and combined with the already heavy Kindle Fire HD72, it makes for a very very heavy device that can be a bit of a wrist ache when reading in bed for a long time. It also makes it very heavy for playing games that require the device to be tilted.

All in all 4 stars for a generally excellent product that has the one small flaw of being a little too heavy.
on 22 December 2013
This is a great cover. Very versatile and robust. Very good quality and fits perfectly. Does exactly what it says on the tin
on 11 December 2013
Good quality, fits well, arrived the day after it was ordered! Great colour, a bit lighter than it looks on screen though.
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2013
Colour Name: Purple|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for my daughter's Kindle Fire HD but quickly discovered,that it doesn't fit the Kindle Fire HD. At least not hers which is about 9 months old. It does say in the blurb (will only fit the all new KFHD 7') but on the packaging it just says 'fits Kindle Fire HD' ? Confusing!!! Doubly confusing I'm sure for those thousands with KFHD's who probably,like myself,were not aware that the latest Kindle Fires HD's are a different size to even recent KFHD's. If your tablet is not the very latest then prepare to be disappointed.