on 8 April 2017
Just finished watching the DVD. Highly recommended. Forgive the director for the cliché 'British film phrases' and the rest is outstanding.
Dakota Fanning plays her role very well. Completely different from her usual type of roles too.
Please don't purchase this if you expect action etc... This is a moving portrayal of how this young lady deals with her mortality and faces the end bravely . The character felt real and her behaviour believable.
on 15 May 2013
Dakota Fanning shows a more mature side to her acting as she stars in this romantic drama which deals with a difficult subject. She handles the role of Tessa with sensitivity and truthfulness which makes her performance more believable, her English accent is also very convincing and shows she can handle a difficult role with ease. Jeremy Irvine (War Horse, Great Expectations) also shows he can be romantic lead and plays Dakota Fanning's love interest very well. It is beautifully shot and shows the English landscape wonderfully. The supporting cast is also very good too, the Dad is especially well-played and plays a protective dad down to a T. Good film for a night in with your friends or other halves, just need tissues at the ready!!
on 31 August 2013
I read the book this film was based on first 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham. It made me cry and laugh and sob but it was beautiful. I hoped the film would live up to it. I was happy to see Dakota Fanning take the part as I think she is an amazing and talented actress and she didn't disappoint. She carries off the character so well and makes it come to life. It's not exactly a cheerful story and is very moving and she makes you feel it all with her. The rest of the cast are also fabulous. A film that will make you appreciate life and everything you've got.
on 29 November 2017
After reading the book and LOVING it I was curious to see the film. Although the story etc is still good, I don’t feel that it is well-made and lacks a certain depth. Perhaps if I hadn’t already read the book it wouldn’t have been so disappointing.
on 2 January 2015
A friend noted that I only ever seem to review the items I didn't like so am trying to correct that tonight! This movie is a weepy - be warned! Dakota Fanning's English accent is irritating to me - who talks like that? However, she shows promise as an actress & everyone else is very believable, if a bit too pretty for normal life!
on 7 March 2013
This is a great film, and I encourage everyone to buy a copy and watch it. You do not need to read the book to find it interesting. It is a sad, emotional and sometimes funny portrayal of what a young teenager would realistically be feeling when going through terminal illness, i.e, cancer. Dakota Fanning plays Tessa very well, and the end scene will have you in tears. Worth the money, very enjoyable.
on 25 March 2014
This film is honest and it breaks your heart to see how a whole family is effected when someone is terminally ill. You know that it's never going to be a light - hearted chick flick but this really opened my eyes as to what people go though. Despite being such a serious topic - it is filled with wonderful moments and is definitely worth a watch.
on 10 April 2014
What a beautiful film,excellent acting all round,cant belive how dakota fanning has come so far what a superb actress she is... A very touching film it makes you think,we are all so vunerable to illness,whoever we may be... would recomend this film to all,watched it again very touching and once again superb all round acting,a must see
on 24 November 2015
This is my favourite film.it totaly inspired me and always reminds me their is always someone worse off and its not the quantity of time here,but the quality of that time....You dont have to be old to die,but brave....
on 8 February 2018
a very good enjoyable film and good service